The way you fly

Reaction score
Hey all

I wanna ask what is your fly style? Meaning. I am mostly flying from the the higher places like cliffs and mountains. And today i understood that it got boring. Just entering a wide open space.
I wanna ask the community how do you fly? Do you go around objects and etc? Pass nearby the tree or between two? Or you are always 300 altitude and higher?

How to get rid of the fear?

I enjoy flying with predefined waypoints. It gives better shooting results. Only problem is that one should accurately estimate the heights of the objects on the way and set waypoints accordingly.

When flying without any planning, I fly at 250'

Reactions: snowghost
I daydream about locations and what angles/takes, time of day (light), tide/swell (when near ocean) etc. My first visit I will fly a battery or two scouting. When I return I have a plan. It's a challenge to see if I can actually create what I imagined. I use litchi and autopilot when I need precise sequences, mainly orbits or have a series of panos in mind.

The phantoms aren't exactly sporty, if I bought it for sport I would be bored senseless after 3D helicopter stick banging.

I totally agree with you WTB. I come from the 3D Heli background which I'm still very actively flying. I use the heli for sport flying...ie...speed, precision and control. I fly my P3A very cautiously, with no hard braking or banking. Its my tool to see the world in a new perspective and to master recording it so I can share my creations with the world and the ones around me. If you came from a heli background, you would have no desire to fly the Phantom as if it were a heli because its not, and not necessarily built to do so. I truly feel this is probably one of the biggest contributors of the problematic shell cracks. If you have flown a heli before and have become good at it, flying the Phantom is not a task at all. Especially when it comes to landing. I have yet to hand catch the P3A and I just couldn't understand why it was being done. I have landed the drone flawlessly since my very first flight, but I know the reason I have no problem landing it is because of my Heli background. I can definitely understand hand catching it if the Phantom was your first RC model. Happy Flying everyone.

Usually the best video is at fairly low level and accentuates parallax effect where close things appear to move through frame relative to distant objects.
This is rather more risky to do especially at any distance though.
- More challenging flying though.
Agreed..... if you have the real horizon in sight its fairly easy to comfirtably work out what your higher than in the camera veiw.

I totally agree with you WTB. I come from the 3D Heli background which I'm still very actively flying. I use the heli for sport flying...ie...speed, precision and control. I fly my P3A very cautiously, with no hard braking or banking. Its my tool to see the world in a new perspective and to master recording it so I can share my creations with the world and the ones around me. If you came from a heli background, you would have no desire to fly the Phantom as if it were a heli because its not, and not necessarily built to do so. I truly feel this is probably one of the biggest contributors of the problematic shell cracks. If you have flown a heli before and have become good at it, flying the Phantom is not a task at all. Especially when it comes to landing. I have yet to hand catch the P3A and I just couldn't understand why it was being done. I have landed the drone flawlessly since my very first flight, but I know the reason I have no problem landing it is because of my Heli background. I can definitely understand hand catching it if the Phantom was your first RC model. Happy Flying everyone.
How disconcerting was it when you first popped the phantom off the skids and he just sat there with your thumbs off the sticks?

It was a little tricky, but it's nice not to have to worry holding altitude while maneuvering.

Keeps dirt out and avoids potential tipover with a rogue wind gust or the like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers