The videos aren't smooth and lag

Reaction score
Hey,

I tried out my P4 today for the first time.
The flying was great and I took some videos on the DJI App (Samsung Galaxy).
When I watched the videos at home I was disappointed because they aren't smooth at all and violet bars disrupt the video (they already showed while flying, but I thought that they won't be visible on the video).

I use the SD card I got with the drone.

What could the problem be? Is the camera broken?

Thank you for all your answers!
chenile

Hey,

I tried out my P4 today for the first time.
The flying was great and I took some videos on the DJI App (Samsung Galaxy).
When I watched the videos at home I was disappointed because they aren't smooth at all and violet bars disrupt the video (they already showed while flying, but I thought that they won't be visible on the video).

I use the SD card I got with the drone.

What could the problem be? Is the camera broken?

Thank you for all your answers!
chenile

I do not mean to sound like a smarty pants, but when you ask the question the way you did, with precious few details about anything other than the one item that should not make ANY difference (your brand of Android device), it is sort of like someone posting in a plumbing forum... "I have water in places where it should not be. How can I fix this?".

So, here are a few questions that will help us help you...

1. What size video were you shooting? 4K? 1080p?
2. What frame rate? 24, 30, 60, 120
3. Codec? h264, h265?
4. Playback device? Proper codecs installed on it?
5. Reading directly from the on board micro SD card or reading from the controller video cache?
6. If 4K, is your playback device powerful enough to produce playback from it?
7. Will your video card support solid 4K playback?

My best guess, using Occam's razor, is that it is a codec issue or a performance issue. I would think that would be the case at least 95% of the time, meaning your camera is fine. This is especially true if you are shooting 4K, even MORE true if you are shooting 60 fps and next to being a slam dunk if you are shooting in h265 codec.

How did you watch the videos at home? Most probably it's your video system problem. Give us more details to figure out the actual reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31