The ultimate propel for filming straight out of the box

Reaction score
Which is the best propeller for filming?
The stock ones seemed fine the first couple of flights, but now they are out of balance and cause jello.
Carbons, which is the best auto tight ones?

Im not interested in a lecture about plastic vs carbon, i know that carbon is better for sports flying, but im sure it also has it advantages for filming...

Stock props are the best for filming. Just replace them every 25-50 flights if they start to get out of balance. For me, I replace them every 100 or so flights, just for safety reasons... I've never had them get out of balance.

yea I humbly suggest you look into other causes of the jello effect. Unless you've done something bad with the props like damaged them or something they aren't going to "get out of balance" after a "couple" flights unless you've been crashing or somehow damaging the props during transport for example if you leave them in a super hot car or whatever and they get warped.

nobody is lecturing you; this community can be very helpful but if you've already made up your mind about an issue don't bother to ask. For example pretty much everyone around here says that the original plastic props are better for flight time and stability to CF's, which would mean they're better for filming (more stable).

it's the same with sports cars... performance suspension and tires make a car PERFORM better, but the ride is a lot less smooth. If your goal is stable filming you want the option which gives you better stability, not necessarily performance.

Matching the propeller to the motor/engine is necessary for proper performance.
This includes pitch, diameter, taper, flex, etc.

I can assume DJI has done this matching and swapping props for CF will alter this matching and thus performance.

CF is wonderful in many applications but just 'cause something is CF doesn't make it better.

The Phantom 2 stock blades are excellent and replacing them with 3 party props is unnecessary. As mentioned they do not get unbalanced from flying unless you hit something. You should always balance your props when new prior to installation. My stock sets were pretty close out of the package. I use a balancing rod, a Dubro balancer and a little sand paper.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj