The Ultimate FC40 FPV Mod (Update 1780m=5840ft +)

Re: The Ultimate FC40 FPV Mod (Update 1410m=4625ft+)

Wedeliver said:
Thanks for the detailed reply IIVII. I did find the CP21xxCustomizationUtility and when I try and run it I am told that Java runtime is necessary. I have started to address that but you are making me think that it could be my windows version not a Java runtime error.

Now, I guess I am dumb as a rock, but when ARFDPro says record locally it means my phone or tablet? But I can't find it or see any option to show videos or look at pics. Ok, now I feel dumb, I am gonna google this and see if I can find the answer

videos should be saved in dir/ARDronePro/video folder .. no google is needed ;)

a bit windy yesterday and with the rig I made it flys a bit differently. (I think I am going to cut down the frame, at this time it seems to catch more wind) I did manage to fly a few times and I see I need to have the assembly pointing to the front, to get my direction I am flying correct. It is very neat to be able to see what direction I am heading, even though I have a good FPV. I am gettiing heading info but I am not getting alt, it stays at 0.00 and I guess to better explain I only get date, time, heading, battery (which I really am interested in knowing live). Wifi with quality. also good info. But I am not getting any reading on Alt, spd, or wind. Also something says T: and I don't think it is working either. and. there is a ERR: Emergency message at the bottom of that list. I do not see the direction arrow in my recording and perhaps I need to record to usb?? I also still am stumped on my navistick config issue which I will be working on today.

Wedeliver said:
a bit windy yesterday and with the rig I made it flys a bit differently. (I think I am going to cut down the frame, at this time it seems to catch more wind) I did manage to fly a few times and I see I need to have the assembly pointing to the front, to get my direction I am flying correct. It is very neat to be able to see what direction I am heading, even though I have a good FPV. I am gettiing heading info but I am not getting alt, it stays at 0.00 and I guess to better explain I only get date, time, heading, battery (which I really am interested in knowing live). Wifi with quality. also good info. But I am not getting any reading on Alt, spd, or wind. Also something says T: and I don't think it is working either. and. there is a ERR: Emergency message at the bottom of that list. I do not see the direction arrow in my recording and perhaps I need to record to usb?? I also still am stumped on my navistick config issue which I will be working on today.

to get Alt / spd / Dist u need GPS .

using overlay infos on ur recordings will reduce the quality of ur videos when u r saving them only on ur mobile + the error msg will appear there.

Local recording
Local recording will be at 640x360 or HD 720 if overlay recording is not enabled.

Overlay drone information when recording
When checked, and local recording is active, this overlays extra drone information on the recording. Local recording will be 640x360, but will reduce the recorded FPS. When unchecked, local recording will be HD 720P, and have little impact on the recorded FPS.

take a look at the app's manual on the link below .. it'll answer a lot of questions u might have :

http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html

A gps is a must to get Alt? Even after the app was updated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gabimaor said:
A gps is a must to get Alt? Even after the app was updated?

yes with the AR 2.0 board u need GPS to get speed\alt\dist .

I sure appreciate all the help and my goal at this time is to get my Navistick working. I got a Java runtime error when I tried to load the config program and that is what I am addressing now.

Well, I have hit a road block with this mod. The issue is the Navistick is not giving me any info. I was able to use the config file and made the changes that were indicated and clicked "program" or whatever the option was to write the info. I did get errors as I was told I might. So, I don't see any other "actions" I can take to enable this process other then plug it in and turn the drone on. The stick is not readable in my computer usb port any longer as the instructions say it would not be readable after completing the config process. At this point I guess I should turn the stick back into a Navistick LE with factory settings and do the process again. But, I am unsure how to proceed even to do the above. Any help is appreciated.

Wedeliver said:
Well, I have hit a road block with this mod. The issue is the Navistick is not giving me any info. I was able to use the config file and made the changes that were indicated and clicked "program" or whatever the option was to write the info. I did get errors as I was told I might. So, I don't see any other "actions" I can take to enable this process other then plug it in and turn the drone on. The stick is not readable in my computer usb port any longer as the instructions say it would not be readable after completing the config process. At this point I guess I should turn the stick back into a Navistick LE with factory settings and do the process again. But, I am unsure how to proceed even to do the above. Any help is appreciated.

Wedeliver

u r on the right track .. now before pluggin' the navistick to the drone's usb make sure the drone's board has firmware 2.4.1 or higher to support GPS .

u can check and update the firmware through ARDrone Flight Pro app , but it's a little complicated with this app . an easier way would be using Parrot's app AR.FreeFlight from Google play .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... freeflight

here's how to perform a firmware update :

http://youtu.be/rUDKrxl9Hpk

let me know how it goes :)

I kept my fingers crossed that you, IIVII would respond to my issue and come to my aid as you have thoughout this process. Usually I have a hard time asking for help, and if not for you I would be a lot further away from getting this mod to work. Heck just having battery info rocks, Heading is also great info.

I have checked and I have the correct version number and it tells me that no upgrade is available. I plug in the gps device and nothing seems to happen. the blue/green light is blinking and I still have the readings that I had before but no alt from the gps device. I wonder is there a way to check the device for functionality?

Wedeliver said:
I kept my fingers crossed that you, IIVII would respond to my
issue and come to my aid as you have thoughout this process. Usually I have a
hard time asking for help, and if not for you I would be a lot further away from getting
this mod to work. Heck just having battery info rocks, Heading is also great info.

glad i can help .. if u have a question don't hesitate to ask .. sharin' the knowledge is what we're here for :)

Wedeliver said:
I have checked and I have the correct version number and it tells me that no
upgrade is available. I plug in the gps device and nothing seems to happen. the
blue/green light is blinking and I still have the readings that I had before but no alt
from the gps device. I wonder is there a way to check the device for functionality?

would you pls tell me what is the firmware ver.# u have !

we have to make sure the board recognizes the GPS , to do that , hook up the
GPS to the usb , then power up the board .. now open Parrot's app AR.FreeFlight then
go to the last page of the app settings , there u should see all the drone's info ,
firmware / hardware and if the GPS is recognized it should show the GPS hardware&firmware ver....

if everything checks out go to the next step ..

take the drone outside --> hook the GPS up > power the board --> open the
ARDrone Flight Pro app go to options and click on (show drone location) .. the map's
section will open up , above the map u'll see 4 check marks , make sure u check
GPS ... the initial start should take longer to get sats fix so give it 6-8 mins to connect to satellites ..

lemme know how it goes :)

When I have the gps device attached freeflight shows gps hardware 1.0 software _3.3.01 but 0 sats (the drone is version 2.4.8, this is the mIain board I purchased just for this project came with the latest) I also have aquired a working AR Drone 2.0 and after upgrading it to 2.4.8 from 2.2.3 I have this to report.

When I have the usb card plugged in and I plug in the battery everything works fine (occasionally a bump in the road with wifi, but it usually settles down and I attach to the drones. Freeflight loads fine and when I go to settings it shows the gps device as reported above. But, after leaving freeflight, I try and open Flight pro and it hangs on "waiting for drone navdata" it will not finish loading. I can return the usb gps device and get another one if there is no way for me to do the steps necessary to make it workable. I think that once we write the new settings to the device it is no longer accessable. If that is true, what to do? (thanks iivii)

Wedeliver said:
When I have the gps device attached freeflight shows gps hardware 1.0 software _3.3.01 but 0 sats (the drone is version 2.4.8, this is the mIain board I purchased just for this project came with the latest) I also have aquired a working AR Drone 2.0 and after upgrading it to 2.4.8 from 2.2.3 I have this to report.

When I have the usb card plugged in and I plug in the battery everything works fine (occasionally a bump in the road with wifi, but it usually settles down and I attach to the drones. Freeflight loads fine and when I go to settings it shows the gps device as reported above. But, after leaving freeflight, I try and open Flight pro and it hangs on "waiting for drone navdata" it will not finish loading. I can return the usb gps device and get another one if there is no way for me to do the steps necessary to make it workable. I think that once we write the new settings to the device it is no longer accessable. If that is true, what to do? (thanks iivii)

great u r almost there , ur navistick is working as it should , now all u have to do is uninstall the Freeflight app reboot ur mobile and connect to the AR wifi then open Flight pro .. if all goes well take the drone outside and do the next step we talked about in my previous reply .

btw. if u still havin' the Flight pro error "waiting for drone navdata" after reboot , uninstall it too then reinstall it again , sometimes the Flight pro app get messed up when used with another ar app . if that doesn't help do a hard reset to the AR's board there should be alil button (see the attached pic) .. while the board is on press n hold that button till the green led turns red then release , the board will reboot by itself and reset to it's default settings .

Attachments

• main-board-ardrone.jpg
    main-board-ardrone.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 514

Alright, i think we got it. I saw the info coming from my mod but then I got an little odor that i didn't like so I unplugged battery and tried usb in my working drone. Option, show location worked and it seemed to be locating me, but after a few minutes still no alt reading. I only have 2 check mark options at the top of the screen, tracking and..darn, no time to run it down, gotta go get the mail, 5 mile round trip to get my usps mail....more later

Wedeliver said:
Alright, i think we got it. I saw the info coming from my mod but then I got an little odor that i didn't like so I unplugged battery and tried usb in my working drone. Option, show location worked and it seemed to be locating me, but after a few minutes still no alt reading. I only have 2 check mark options at the top of the screen, tracking and..darn, no time to run it down, gotta go get the mail, 5 mile round trip to get my usps mail....more later

hmmm oder !! double check ur connections we don't wanna see the fc40 half cooked :)

now since ur GPS is working lets tweak the settings alittle :

1- go to Flight Pro settings --> flight recorder --> check mark (use full screen) and move the GPS fix slider all the way to the left it should read 3.

2- go to Flight Pro settings -->user interface --> UI options -->information block 1 --> select the followings: altitude+heading+fps+GPS Fix+GPS Dis+GPS speed .

3- go to Flight Pro settings -->user interface --> UI options -->information block 2 --> deselect everything .

For full map view .. look at the attached pic :

Attachments

• 4HzMAO.JPG
    4HzMAO.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 511

how much flight time did you actually get from the 5400mah ? Thanks in advance.

R0tten said:
how much flight time did you actually get from the 5400mah ? Thanks in advance.

With everything on-board total weight around 1200g i got 19-20 mins .. with the stock FC40 configuration i got 25-26 mins .. both tests with 9" original vision props.

Ok, I am baaack.. Today I hope to do as iivii has recommended. Then I will fly and see if the info is all there. I have a feeling it is going to be great. I do seem to have an issue with the arrow in flight pro pointing the direction the quad is pointing. I need to get a better feel for how that all works. it seems that if I move my tab or phone I an change that pointer so I am not sure it is supposed to be showing me which way I am facing.. (does that make sense?)(if I can't figure it out I will explain my issue)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers