The Ultimate FC40 FPV Mod (Update 1780m=5840ft +)

Re: The Ultimate FC40 Mod OSD/2cams/mobile,LapTop FPV & more

dragonash said:
excellent idea. I didnt know the v1 went for so cheap.

So let me ask you. How is the wifi range with the v1 mainboard?
Better yet, how is it while only using a wifi extender and not a modified antenna?

i guess that depends on the place u fly at , but i remember gettin' 400-600m with an Alfa 1000mw USB adaptor+Laptop .

Also, bringing this up from the 2nd page as I just re-read it and noticed what you said.
Am I to understand that the main board from the v1 WILL tell us altitude without a real "launch" ?

that is true , BUT it's limited to 8 or 12 metter as i recall and it's not that accurate :(

If I get an adapter (or cut the ARD power cable and solder a new connector on it), would I be able to plug it into the phantom batteries balance plug?

yeah as long as it's hooked to a 11.1v power source u r good to go .

One more thing. How can I edit the xml on the ardfp app? I have it from when I used to use it, but dont know a thing about editing it. Or maybe you can make a backup of yours and host it on a file website or something? :)

sure thing man .. attached is a zip file contains the edited xml file , extract it n rename it to (ARDroneLayout.xml) then put it in the layout folder.

Attachments

• NoEmergencyARDroneLayout.rar
    689 bytes · Views: 373

Maxdod said:
http://nodecopter.com/hack
This could help to get some data from ar drone system (to get gps telemetry, altitude , etc.... ).
Massimo

very interesting .. :geek:

Update :)

FC40 FPV world record :mrgreen:

i've done the external antenna mod today .. went out for a quick test (NO amp).. the result was amazing ... 1065m=3500f .. i still had good steady FPV , but my DJI RC ran outa range .. video is uploaded .. check the first post .

thanks for all the hard work!

I actually just won an auction on ebay for a ardrone v1.

Once my walkera gimbal comes in, I'm going to try to get this all going. And I believe my gimbal has a little battery shelf on its back, so I might be able to place the mainboard on it

dragonash said:
thanks for all the hard work!

I actually just won an auction on ebay for a ardrone v1.

Once my walkera gimbal comes in, I'm going to try to get this all going. And I believe my gimbal has a little battery shelf on its back, so I might be able to place the mainboard on it

np bro glad i can help :)

btw, no idea where the layout folder is lol

i have es file explorer doing a search, but its taking forever

dragonash said:

there should be a folder called (ARDroneFlight) on your sdcard or ur mobile internal memory .. inside that folder there r 8 folders one of them is the layout folder :)

IIVII said:
dragonash said:

there should be a folder called (ARDroneFlight) on your sdcard or ur mobile internal memory .. inside that folder there r 8 folders one of them is the layout folder :)
im actually showing 7 folders.
It's not a hidden folder either and I have root access.

weird

"yeah as long as it's hooked to a 11.1v power source u r good to go ."

So I will assume the balance plug provides that? (this is totally not my territory) lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-13-19-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-13-19-26.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 448

dragonash said:
IIVII said:
dragonash said:

im actually showing 7 folders.
It's not a hidden folder either and I have root access.

weird

"yeah as long as it's hooked to a 11.1v power source u r good to go ."

So I will assume the balance plug provides that? (this is totally not my territory) lol

yes u can use 1 & 4 the black/red wires in the balance plug .

for the folder :

Go to UI options then click on export layout .. a folder called (layout) will be created on ur dir go to that folder and replace the xml with the edited one .

let me know how it goes :)

IIVII said:

for the folder :

Go to UI options then click on export layout .. a folder called (layout) will be created on ur dir go to that folder and replace the xml with the edited one .

Eureka!
Thanks again.

dragonash said:
IIVII said:

for the folder :

Eureka!
Thanks again.

any time .. check out the 3500ft vids i've just uploaded them :)

Re: The Ultimate FC40 Mod OSD/FPV/Mobile&LapTop Update 3500f

amazing.

cant wait to get all my parts. This really is the cost effective FPV I was looking for.

Re: The Ultimate FC40 Mod (Update 3500ft+)

very nice.
what are the differences between drone1 and 2?
just better quality cam?
is it critical for fpv?
with the first version you will have altitude right?

i am considering buying a pmu V2 and mini iosd in order to get telemetry but it will also require a fpv system and will actually cost a lot all together so if i can get most telemetry your way it will be great.

is there a way to see actual voltage not %?

Hey IIVII,

Can you verify that the mainboard on the v2 can operate without the navboard? I might have the option to get a board and camera at a good price, but I dont know if it operates without the nav board
And if so, does anything on the OSD stop working?

dragonash said:
Hey IIVII,

Can you verify that the mainboard on the v2 can operate without the navboard? I might have the option to get a board and camera at a good price, but I dont know if it operates without the nav board
And if so, does anything on the OSD stop working?

Hey dragonash ,

i've just tried it for ya .. it wont work :(

ARDrone Flight Pro would connect and give u cam view only no OSD .. other apps (AR.Pro/FreeFlight) won't even connect .

IIVII

gabimaor said:
very nice.
what are the differences between drone1 and 2?
just better quality cam?
is it critical for fpv?
with the first version you will have altitude right?

i am considering buying a pmu V2 and mini iosd in order to get telemetry but it will also require a fpv system and will actually cost a lot all together so if i can get most telemetry your way it will be great.

is there a way to see actual voltage not %?

gabimaor ,

the v2 has a better cam / USB / the ability to add GPS and view live maps / and most importantly with the v2 u can add an external antenna with an amp for alot longer range .

the battery indicator shows % + icon on the FPV screen and an actual voltage on the map screen , here's a screenshot

dgX5jl.png

TQKrel.png

Re: The Ultimate FC40 Mod (Update 1410m=4625ft+)

i would love to see some more detailed pictures of your placement of the board.
How did you mount it? 3M double sided tape?

I also assume the board needs to be facing the proper way for the compass to work correctly.

IIVII thanks. What can I do with the USB other than adding gps? What can it connect to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabimaor said:
IIVII thanks. What can I do with the USB other than adding gps? What can it connect to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it can connect to a thumb drive and record 720p video

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl