The Truth About The Part 107 Written Test...

Took the test, passed Tuesday 8-30 before noon PST, started the application, wouldn't let me complete it, more on Wednesday, Thursday and today Friday unless I'm a BOZO, no email, no "green button?" in red under Airmen it says there are NO CERTIFICATES? I have an application #, applicant ID, FTN # but nothing has been filled out by the "proctor". Spent time looking at the unreal questionnaire to request a waiver or admission into certain airspace.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I took the RemotePilot101 course and passed the Knowledge Test yesterday. I have no aeronautical experience and found Jason's method of teaching to be very enjoyable and easy to remember. I would recommend his course to anyone. I wouldn't have passed without it.

I took the RemotePilot101 course and passed the Knowledge Test yesterday. I have no aeronautical experience and found Jason's method of teaching to be very enjoyable and easy to remember. I would recommend his course to anyone. I wouldn't have passed without it.

Thank you so much for the kind words my friend!

Jason

Jason, any word on this?

Absolutely just in the past 2 weeks the course has changed and it will continue to get better and evolve as the FAA makes adjustments and changes. It will be even better in 2 years when you all come back again. Thats why it's yours for life.

Jason

Remotepilot101 has a good reputation and the price was right so I went with them. My time is limited and I wanted information that gave me everything I needed and not a bunch of extraneous stuff. Jason, your presentation in your intro video was concise and well-delivered. You come across as honest, capable, and intelligent. In other words, after I saw the short video, I trust you. If I'm wrong, then my man Guido will stop by and say hello. Don't make fun of his hair. That'll REALLY set him off and he's nasty on a good day. ;)

Not to say the paid instruction is not worth it, since everyone learns differently and has different lifestyles (time availability, etc), but you can definitely pass on self-study for free. Passed with a 92% after about 1 month of light studying (~4 hours a week), free materials, and flash cards. Just my 2 cents if you're determined and pressed for cash

Or what time zone? Nothing in the TAF would tell you that. Doesn't seem a likely way to pose the question.
The Time Zone at OKC (KOKC) which is the identifier for Will Rogers World Airport (Oklahoma City, OK, USA). Central Time Zone which is UTC-06

The Time Zone at OKC (KOKC) which is the identifier for Will Rogers World Airport (Oklahoma City, OK, USA). Central Time Zone which is UTC-06

All year?

Would the FAA expect everyone to be taking the test during -6 UTC, and making that assumption?

I agree you do need come prepared, but I don't think anyone on the computer exam would have to convert ZULU to Local time because it's a RANDOM bank of questions and the system isn't going to be looking at the time zone of where I am taking the test and then have answers that know that. My TAF question with that example would be more along the lines of "what would your visibility be at 17:00z in Statute Miles"
True...but I do see how a question could be framed like that (but with more info as we pointed out)

My previous answer would change if we were at Standard time.

Regardless, I think its creating positive dialog concerning the areas of study.

Time questions would reference a specific airport. So the time at that airport.

[QUOTE="...I’m not here to just push our course on anyone...

Okay then, Jason, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU! This is a great course, and I am certain I would not have scored as high as I did, without it.

Two pieces of advise you will be smart to heed...
1. IF you take Jason's course, take the practice 60-question final exam he provides AT LEAST three times. As he will tell you, the question bank is huge.
2. Take a small magnifying glass or strong reading glasses! The computer monitor for the exam may have poor resolution no matter what the zoom factor, and the supplemental Figure binder (matches the computer monitor, in paper form) may have very low resolution photocopies within it. Mine did in both cases and it was only by dumb luck that the Proctor found a magnifying glass for me in the final 30 minutes of the test. Whew - I went back and corrected some mistakes on smudgy radio frequencies.[/QUOTE]

Jason helped me pass my check ride several years ago.
Thanks again Jason,
Mike

Jason, you seem like one of the good guys (you put out a lot of free content), and your presentation is clear and enjoyable. If I was going to take a course, I think it would be yours. However, I discovered a comprehensive free resource and I challenged myself constrain myself solely to that material and see how I would do.

Keep it up!

Another +1 for Jason's course. I felt I was prepared, except for a few issues with VFR charts. When I looked into Jason's course, I also found the FAA loves to pose trick questions... and by trick, I mean some of them got me until I went back and reviewed my answers thoroughly.
I think Jason did a bang-up job of revealing some of those trick questions (that I actually saw) on my test.

I have no affiliation with Remotepilot101, but I can tell you that I am a very happy customer. With my non-pilot aviation background and 25 years in R/C helicopters, I would recommend this course to anyone. I would venture to call it the best bang for $99.

If you believe you will pass this test without adequate preparation, you're going to make a very nice $150 donation to the FAA without anything to show for it. I was able to find out there was a pretty high failure rate in the region I just took it. YouTube video lack-of-prep was the cited cause. Some make this test sound easy. For a very few, it might be, but the vast majority have been taken back by how difficult even the easier questions were because of their wording. They throw a curve ball at your knowledge constantly.

Another +1 for Jason's course. I felt I was prepared, except for a few issues with VFR charts. When I looked into Jason's course, I also found the FAA loves to pose trick questions... and by trick, I mean some of them got me until I went back and reviewed my answers thoroughly.
I think Jason did a bang-up job of revealing some of those trick questions (that I actually saw) on my test.

I have no affiliation with Remotepilot101, but I can tell you that I am a very happy customer. With my non-pilot aviation background and 25 years in R/C helicopters, I would recommend this course to anyone. I would venture to call it the best bang for $99.

If you believe you will pass this test without adequate preparation, you're going to make a very nice $150 donation to the FAA without anything to show for it. I was able to find out there was a pretty high failure rate in the region I just took it. YouTube video lack-of-prep was the cited cause. Some make this test sound easy. For a very few, it might be, but the vast majority have been taken back by how difficult even the easier questions were because of their wording. They throw a curve ball at your knowledge constantly.

Thank you so much my friend!

Jason

True it's no walk in the park but if you study, it's really not too bad. You just have to know the stuff! No night before cramming will get it. I knew nothing about any of this 2 months ago. Knew nothing about drones and had never touched a drone 2 months ago. Studied like crazy the UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School material for a month and passed with an 87%. Soooo any of you can do it no problem IF you study the material.

What is the UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School. Is that a class you took, or a study guide? I'm in the same position. Just got my drone, and would like to fly commercially, but don't know where to even begin to study for the test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers