The Time Has Come

Reaction score
After spending a full year and a enormous amount of hours in the Vision + forum, I have been fortunate to have met a lot of good people. And now the time has come for me to carry on doing what it is I do and get involved with a completely new piece of technology. I wont be spending 100% of my time in this forum. And Yes, once I receive it I will be another owner of the P3 pro version. There is just so many reasons why I should want to make the move. See Image below of a prototype version which is not as nice as a production version.

I can only hope that each of you can join me at least at some point. And know now that other then the price, the only difference between the Pro & Adv versions is the camera, and battery chargers. In other words, if you don't have a 4k television to view the 4k format then don't waste your money on a Pro version.

It's been said that some pilots are reporting over 4 kilometers reception out of the box with like perfect conditions.

Btw, most of you here know me better then any others, and if there is something negative to report about something not being as it should, I'm one of the 1st to toot the horn.

One more thing I want to add here before I stop.

I personally think those of you that are sticking with the vPlus for whatever the reason, needs to be cautious of doing firmware updates after a couple of months down the road anytime. Think before hand if what you have is not broke, don't update. I say that only because we know what most people do after a crash. Let's just say it's better to move on when you are ready to move on and not because you have to move on. Freaky things tend to happen from updates in most cases. Don't let someone dictate when your vPlus days should end. I heard a few days ago that there is only around 50 new vPlus left to sale from dealers. Once those are gone there will be no more production runs of them. Many dealers sold what they had left in stock so that they could invest in the P3, and they were selling them for less then what the originally paid just to have the extra monies.

Btw, I still have my vPlus and have no plans of getting rid of it. I still have plans to do more app development which includes the vPlus. My meaning of this thread was to say I wont be around as much as I have in the past. As long as there is good people like N017RW, msinger, and Fplvert in this forum, there should be no concerns. I know there is a few others I'm forgetting at the moment but with that group they'll have things taken care of without a doubt.

openP3.jpg

Just curious, what makes the production unit better than this prototype? As far as 4K or not I always over buy for future insurance. I am certain I have also wasted a lot of money doing so. I don't have a 4K TV but my next one will be.

Those esc wires look the same as the V3, double stranded and stiff. I see they will be putting the silicone on the wires to help against vibration, unless things change of course with the production models.
I plan on getting a P3 but want to see if there are any major issues first with the launch models. :)

Just curious, what makes the production unit better than this prototype? As far as 4K or not I always over buy for future insurance. I am certain I have also wasted a lot of money doing so. I don't have a 4K TV but my next one will be.

The point was mostly in line with if you really don't have the funds to buy the more expensive model, don't. Also, don't think you have to invest a bunch of money to be the reason that might be detouring you from getting a 4k unit.

I'll be hanging on to my P2V+ for as long as I can, but the replacement will be the 3DR Solo sometime over the summer.

Happy Trails Frank and don't forget to replace the batteries in your hearing aids often. Don't want anyone calling you out for being hard of hearing....

Sounds like you are taking delivery today. To your potentially pre-matrue exit...
IMG_6207_zpsbrd7ipxe.gif

Don't forget to check the GPS plug whenever you get you P3.....

Reactions: dirkclod and Bigdz
I pre ordered a p3a and I have the original p2v+, I'm not leaving one forum for another.

For me it just means I'll be back and forth between the two.

It also means I'll be flying my p2v+ like I stole it. No reason to be cautious anymore-worried not to do this or that(never flew p2v+ in ground station) for fear I might lose it or damage it.

I can truly let the fun begin!

Congrats. I do not plan on getting rid of my V-3 either. Just bought a 5th battery Monday. I have the P-3 ordered as well.

Reactions: dirkclod and Bigdz
The advantage of having a 4k camera has more to do with the editing capabilities it offers you and not so much the ability to view on a 4k TV. By filming in 4k, you have the option of cropping to a 1080 size final film. More control over eliminating unwanted elements of a scene.

The advantage of having a 4k camera has more to do with the editing capabilities it offers you and not so much the ability to view on a 4k TV. By filming in 4k, you have the option of cropping to a 1080 size final film. More control over eliminating unwanted elements of a scene.

Right on Bob. I mentioned the TV as in the worse case scenario. Some may think of what all they have to invest in should they go the 4k route. The main downside for me was I know what I like doing with video, and my current laptop is going to handle playing around with that much data. I will have to rely on the new auto video editing feature coming in the P3 firmware.

Sounds like you are taking delivery today. To your potentially pre-matrue exit...
IMG_6207_zpsbrd7ipxe.gif

Don't forget to check the GPS plug whenever you get you P3.....

What was I to be taking delivery of?

And yeah no doubt on the GPS plug. lol!

I'll be hanging on to my P2V+ for as long as I can, but the replacement will be the 3DR Solo sometime over the summer.

Happy Trails Frank and don't forget to replace the batteries in your hearing aids often. Don't want anyone calling you out for being hard of hearing....

Wow Rich.... Why would you go with the Solo? You do know they like $1900 and still with less then what the P3 consist of having, don't you?

Those esc wires look the same as the V3, double stranded and stiff. I see they will be putting the silicone on the wires to help against vibration, unless things change of course with the production models.
I plan on getting a P3 but want to see if there are any major issues first with the launch models. :)

I would have done the same thing had I not bounced my V3 off the roof of my house a few weeks back. I just received the few parts I didn't have on hand to fix the quad but do have now.

Wow Rich.... Why would you go with the Solo? You do know they like $1900 and still with less then what the P3 consist of having, don't you?
It's the hardware platform I've been wanting, modular. I believe it's going to be the quality I've grown to expect for my money. It just makes sense to work from their platform here on out.

Reactions: burlbark
I pre ordered a p3a and I have the original p2v+, I'm not leaving one forum for another.

For me it just means I'll be back and forth between the two.

It also means I'll be flying my p2v+ like I stole it. No reason to be cautious anymore-worried not to do this or that(never flew p2v+ in ground station) for fear I might lose it or damage it.

I can truly let the fun begin!
My sentiment exactly.

It's the hardware platform I've been wanting, modular. I believe it's going to be the quality I've grown to expect for my money. It just makes sense to work from their platform here on out.

Well no doubt the P3 has completely different technology under it's cover. But I can respect another persons wishes and hope everything turns out in the best possible way for you. Best of luck to you!

I decided to try and sell my Phantom so I can upgrade to the latest technology, like the P3. I placed the ad in local Craigslist and got my asking price within 2 days. Been looking at the P3, Inspire and the Solo. P3 looks like the best bang for the buck. I looked into the Solo and although it looks very promising with tons of video features, I feel it's unproven. But what turned me off completely was the fact that it uses WiFi to communicate between the 2 computers. The biggest issue I have had with my P2 was that crappy WiFi. And I am glad to get rid of it. As far as the video features like Orbit, Zip Line, Follow Me, I think we will see these on both the P3 and the Inspire in the coming months. Either from DJI or someone with the SDK. Decisions, decisions, decisions. It's nice to have them sometimes!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic