The Skies will be FULL of DJI Drones Soon

looking on FB there are "ALOT" of people losing drones over Christmas... I have added a pic of two posts I saw today. first one had to laugh a little, the second one well....

aaa.jpg

It'll be very interesting to sort those losses into 'bins' of true operator error vs. actual machine malfunction. I'm guessing most can be attributed to the former but one never knows.

Reading these horror stories, in all honesty, gives me less confidence in flying my drone.
Been thinking about either adding a GPS tracker or tethering the drone ... i.e., drone-on-a-leash (kind a like a kite) :)

Before we all just get a little too high on our horses, let's remember that every one of us was a noob at absolutely everything at one point. Especially all the RC Red Barons in this thread who got their drones quite recently.

Recall both the rudeness and the kindness you were shown as a noob, then choose which you'll give to those who are new to this hobby and trying to learn.

Now everybody be happy and enjoy the rest of Christmas :)

interesting viewpoint ... I think of these forums as a way to learn and have some fun in the process. As to noobs (myself included) giving us stories to enjoy, no harm in that. It's all part of life's cycle ... as long as one does not take themselves too seriously... **peace**

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

OP here, my point of the thread was to say that Best Buy was selling a lot of DJI drones for xmas. In no way was it intended to bash any flyers. As stated above, some fun was being had at first, but I guess some folk got their feelings hurt. By the way, the date that someone joined this forum in no way reflects their level of experience with DJI in particular, or drones in general. Lets keep this thread light hearted. Happy new year all.

Reactions: dirkclod
Teamfour I understand the OP and knew it would go as it did . Same as the ones last year and the ones the year before that .
That being said this is going to Off Topic at no fault of yours .
Happy new year :)

I think it's amazing that all most all of the posters in this thread started flying like pros right out of the box. Looking at when some "joined" it appears that many posters in this thread have recently started flying not that long ago.

Give them a chance.

Does playing flight sims since i was a kid count as practice? Not the same thing, but i've at least been using the same control scheme to fly around on PC and playstation for a decade or better. And im not so much a pro...wind make things really interesting when there is no force feedback in the sticks (on the phantom 4 pro) to gauge. Im hardly a pro though, i couldn't cleanly orbit the pitchers mound today in light wind. But practice!

Does playing flight sims since i was a kid count as practice? Not the same thing, but i've at least been using the same control scheme to fly around on PC and playstation for a decade or better. And im not so much a pro...wind make things really interesting when there is no force feedback in the sticks (on the phantom 4 pro) to gauge. Im hardly a pro though, i couldn't cleanly orbit the pitchers mound today in light wind. But practice!

Every bit helps, especially if you know 'intuitively' what the controls do. The real challenge with flying in real life is how does one handle the 'unpredictables' ... all you need is a gust of wind that pushes the aircraft 10 meters away and you'll find yourself scrambling for what needs to be done, assuming of course there was no obstacle nearby and the AC is still air-borne.

Every bit helps, especially if you know 'intuitively' what the controls do. The real challenge with flying in real life is how does one handle the 'unpredictables' ... all you need is a gust of wind that pushes the aircraft 10 meters away and you'll find yourself scrambling for what needs to be done, assuming of course there was no obstacle nearby and the AC is still air-borne.

Agreed. Already had some interesting experiences (mainly low helos) but previous 'dont panic' training helps there. also this thing flies itself pretty much so that helps. I can imagine it was much more difficult with earlier models. One thing i dont wonder about is how effective the 'range' extender are at cutting through noise rather than extending distance. LA is a very noisy environment :)

I had the same deal trying to get some fpv goggles this week, I think I bought the last pair for sale in Australia. The tech guy told me that he had sold out of P4s and goggles to noobs despite him advising that it might be more prudent to learn how to fly first and then expand on the experience. I'm hoping that there is a drone shelter (bit like a cat/dog shelter) where people return their unwanted drones after Xmas so that I can pick up a bargain in the new year......

that's how I update every year!

open box and or refurbed returns

saved at least 40% off on 6 total phantoms...

good luck and have fun flying!

Not to be nosy but ... you have 6 drones? ... building a fleet?

This is tempting to start a thread and ask everyone to display their collections :)

Last edited:
droneroom.jpg

This is tempting to start a thread and ask everyne to display their collections :)

At first It seemed zi was building the fleet , had 3 max at once though

bought all used or refurbed for great prices

used for a while , 3 -6 months and resold

got nearly what I paid each time!

ended up with a B&H used P3 pro and NVidia shield last December.
Still flying perfectly.

Good luck and have fun flying!

will try to find my drone shelf pics!

Last edited:
Nice w

Nice work, I have a collection of trashed helicopters, planes and gliders if you are looking at expanding your collection to include a 'history of tears' exhibit.....

Reactions: kirk2579
Nice w

Nice work, I have a collection of trashed helicopters, planes and gliders if you are looking at expanding your collection to include a 'history of tears' exhibit.....

I just the gave the neighbor kid a box of semi crashed/working syma 5 's and motors etc....

the pic was about 2 years back ,
P 1 and p2 and Vision Plus

the video from that vision plus still amazes me how great it was
sometimes viewing old videos I swear it was better than my p3p.

I just the gave the neighbor kid a box of semi crashed/working syma 5 's and motors etc....

the pic was about 2 years back ,
P 1 and p2 and Vision Plus

the video from that vision plus still amazes me how great it was
sometimes viewing old videos I swear it was better than my p3p.

yeah I should look at something like that as a donation to someone. I could assemble some sort of transformers version that had both wings with both propellers and a bar less set up that would freak out the neighbours. I would also include the Blade SR psycho that scared the town but unfortunately I vaporised it, the controller could be reconfigured I guess.

Look at the potential plus from this situation. Possibly those noobs will get quickly tired of their toys and ebay will be full of used/crashed drones for parts ... hmmm ... :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
or better yet. it flies away to your yard. you can always link the controller.

I remember when people gloomed and doomed about how AOL was going to ruin the Internet when they let their users on... oh wait.. never mind.. bad example. :D

turned out wasn't the users, it was letting AOL web page on that is the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20