The Skies will be FULL of DJI Drones Soon

Reaction score
I stopped by Best Buy today to pickup another $119 P3 battery (they were out). No fewer than six people were asking for DJI Phantom 3 or 4's. They were sold out. Employee says they have sold dozens this week.

This will lead to a spike in flyaway stories and complaints against DJI come 12/26 here at phantompilots.com.....place your bets

I'm expecting a complaint rise too post Xmas, especially since CBS news has been talking about maybe a million as gifts. Some not DJI though.

Will be interesting to watch which complaints appear. I'll wager on the following to show up:

1. Battery will not charge.
2. Firmware will not update.
3. Assistant 2 doesn't work.
4. My Samsung whatever doesn't work.
5. Horizon is crooked.
6. Hearing an odd noise (from sonar).
7. Crashed. Hit a tree. What do I do?
8. How come I can't fly here or take-off?

:confused:

I had the same deal trying to get some fpv goggles this week, I think I bought the last pair for sale in Australia. The tech guy told me that he had sold out of P4s and goggles to noobs despite him advising that it might be more prudent to learn how to fly first and then expand on the experience. I'm hoping that there is a drone shelter (bit like a cat/dog shelter) where people return their unwanted drones after Xmas so that I can pick up a bargain in the new year......

You guys are all
Correct. But instead of looking at this in such a negative way. Think of it this way... The more dji drones that are sold and into the consumer hands, the more mods, "tricks", hacks, write ups, diys, how-to videos, and much much more will be out and/or online. It's not necessarily a bad thing, also the more ppl who buy dji products the more of a push dji will have to make their products better/ more advanced, and the more features they may add because of an increase in customer feedback Or even for other more advanced drones to come in the future.

I do hear what your all saying tho, all these newbies isn't a good thing, and fly away a and crashes that make it on the news becusee many of these ppl will prolly do something stupid with them, it will get all over the news and exaggerated to make drones looks so bad and evil. IMO it's a lifestyle and I'm gonna be flying my drone till the day the law comes to my door and takes it away lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least, all the P3s and P4s (and Mavics) being sold these days have the 500m limit, beginner mode turned on by default, and the GEO system built-in, so the chances of something actively dangerous happening like flying into an airport or something are limited.Doesn't mean people won't still be able to to dumb things with them of course. :p

Reactions: Teamfour
I'm expecting a complaint rise too post Xmas, especially since CBS news has been talking about maybe a million as gifts. Some not DJI though.

Will be interesting to watch which complaints appear. I'll wager on the following to show up:

1. Battery will not charge.
2. Firmware will not update.
3. Assistant 2 doesn't work.
4. My Samsung whatever doesn't work.
5. Horizon is crooked.
6. Hearing an odd noise (from sonar).
7. Crashed. Hit a tree. What do I do?
8. How come I can't fly here or take-off?

:confused:

I predict the top complaint will be "it flew away - I did nothing wrong". o_O

I predict the top complaint will be "it flew away - I did nothing wrong". o_O

haha! :D:D

I forgot that one so I added to my list.

Sadly, the stupid ones will make a list too, and maybe the news which won't help the hobby as mentioned above:

1. Nuisance drone spying and privacy stuff.
2. Airspace violations.
3. Trespassing.
4. Ordinance and permit violations.
5. Injuries.

Oh, to have been in this hobby back before 2014 when all these anti-drone laws began. :(

AND.... how do I register my drone with dji ?
and...... do I have to register my drone with FAA ?
and......where do I register with the FAA?
haha !

This will lead to a spike in flyaway stories and complaints against DJI come 12/26 here at phantompilots.com.....place your bets

I asked Santa for a big net for catching falling drones this Christmas. I'll soon have a huge collection of phantoms and mavics.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok, so any takers on "how do you get the drone out of the box"? I'm knew to the site, only took me 3 hrs to get mine out!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same deal trying to get some fpv goggles this week, I think I bought the last pair for sale in Australia. The tech guy told me that he had sold out of P4s and goggles to noobs despite him advising that it might be more prudent to learn how to fly first and then expand on the experience. I'm hoping that there is a drone shelter (bit like a cat/dog shelter) where people return their unwanted drones after Xmas so that I can pick up a bargain in the new year......

Look at the potential plus from this situation. Possibly those noobs will get quickly tired of their toys and ebay will be full of used/crashed drones for parts ... hmmm ... :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan