The shortest Cinematic You will ever see (Private)

Reaction score
Hi there. I am a new phantom Pilot, and I would like some feedback on my mini Cinematic... only took me two minuets but I am a decent editor, just new to flying!

I am using a Phantom FC40 with 2.4 Radio, £50 Cheapo eBay Gimble (Plugs into balance port on battery) GoPro 3 Black 1080@50p and Fatshark 5.8Ghz FPV.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K2GmXcbf-w :lol:

i didnt like the ending you are descending too fast, like you ran out of battery.
other than that very good shots based on your cheap gimble :)

Although the footage was nice, the editing of it wasn't the greatest. Usually when you edit, you tell a story, with some flow to it... field shot, road, field shot, bridge.... field shot, where did that bridge come from? no lead up, or fly through. Tell a story, have a good flow... it was all over the place. :)

Just saying, I've over 27yrs of editing/producing (film and television) , don't toot that you're a decent editor and not have something that flows like magic. You may know how to quickly edit, but being a creative editor and quick, that's a level to strive for.

Yup to leo, and you gotta keep the props out of sight, now git back out there and do it again, you're on the right track!

Thank you!! Really appreciate the feedback from experienced people as I am just going into the hobby! I will film for longer next time and try to tell some form of a story, and yes, the crash at the end was my battery dying, took me about 20 Mins to find my quad in all of that field haha!

One other suggestion would be to shoot at 2.7K resolution, using the Medium field of view. I hardly ever get props in the frame, unless I'm going full bore forward or in some really choppy wind, and with the higher resolution, you have more pixels to work with to either crop or zoom in. You can also just size the whole frame down to 1920x1080.

Navman said:
Yup to leo, and you gotta keep the props out of sight, now git back out there and do it again, you're on the right track!

The props will often come into view if you are aggressively going into the wind. If it is windy and you want to go fast, you may need to go sideways or backwards to avoid the props being in the frame. Or you might try changing the field of view as mentioned or edit out the props by zooming in on the whole video using your editing software.

Cr8tive_leo said:
don't toot that you're a decent editor and not have something that flows like magic. You may know how to quickly edit, but being a creative editor and quick, that's a level to strive for.

QFT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik