The sad sight of a drone after a swim

Reaction score
You lasted much longer than anticipated, will always remember as my first! LoL RIP
yhZoHPU.jpg

Sad.. sorry to hear that. What exactly happened to cause it to go down?

It looks sort of peaceful, turned upright it would look sort of buyable.

If that's freshwater, pull the battery, rinse it off with purified/demineralized water, and let it dry for two weeks, and it should be repairable, if not working. When it comes to fresh water, electronics are surprisingly durable. It's usually the current running through it that causes things to short and blow up. I've had a few RC planes and Traxxas RC nitro trucks end up in the drink, and they dry out to work again. Sometimes with minimal repairs/replacements.

Don't write it off just yet!

As an afterthought... Saltwater might not be a huge issue either, if you can get it completely rinsed and cleaned off before anything has a chance to dry and leave deposits. A good bath in demineralized water should give her a fighting chance.

If you don't want to bother, I'll buy the carcass off you! ;)

FRS said:
Sad.. sorry to hear that. What exactly happened to cause it to go down?

I was flying about 500 feet away, very low above water, maybe a foot or two, near the end of the lake where there are trees. Misjudged the forward/backword movement, clipped some branches and it was all over very quickly.

ThatRobbGuy said:
If you don't want to bother, I'll buy the carcass off you! ;)

Thanks for all the good info, but I don't think I'll bother.

How much?! :D

I'm looking at my options...

I have 4 extra P1 batteries.

P1 is $479. plus I'll need a new gimbal.
P2 is $679, plus I'll need a new gimbal.

Is the main difference between P1 and 2 the battery life? I can't say I've ever had an issue with battery life on my P1. I never really needed it to stay in the air longer than the 5-7 minutes I trusted each battery with to get the shots.

The funny part is that I ordered FPV last week and it's supposed to arrive on Monday... Now I have an FPV system, but no drone to put it on... lol

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

Can we see the video of the "last moments of the Phantom"? :D

This is where the Mariner Quadcopter would come in handy. I'm thinking of picking one of those up.

Looks like a dead seagull!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik