The right to bear drones

[QUOTE="microlinux, post: 1202248, member: 82499. Prop hits are just about the least of your concerns in the grand scheme of things . . .
Yes you are right .....- there is that big meteor hanging around up there......

And those durn glaciers keep melting....

But I am not all that concerned with the "grand scheme of things". Havnt had much luck shooting down meteors with my M-1 service rifle......and that monster iceberg in the process of breaking off from the Antartic Ice Sheet.....not sure I can do much about that either....far beyond the range of my own personal airplane...and even if I could get there...what to do.. put it in my portable ice chest........? Hmm.....a nearby 120 volt outlet...?

My concern relevant to my drone....... is that some greedy lawyer is going to get hold of a case where a drone got away and cut up some innocent party, and/or some slime-ball journalist is going to help some politicans make a "cause" out of screwing us up, and thus we will have this grand hobby interfered with, possibly restricted out of existence.

That's why I think any drone sold should be equipped with prop guards.

Now to be fair..of course some folks cant be bothered with prop guards, and will remove them. Like me ! I removed the blade guards on both my table saw and my "Skilsaw".

However...also to be fair....since I am VERY careful... I am not likely to hurt anyone else. One of the many reasons for that is....to date...I have not seen either my table saw or my Skillsaw fly off my property on its on.[/QUOTE]

But I am not all that concerned with the "grand scheme of things". Havnt had much luck shooting down meteors with my M-1 service rifle......and that monster iceberg in the process of breaking off from the Antartic Ice Sheet.....not sure I can do much about that either....far beyond the range of my own personal airplane...and even if I could get there...what to do..wrap my electric blanket around it....? Hmm.....a nearby 120 volt outlet...?

My concern relevant to my drone....... is that some greedy lawyer is going to get hold of a case where a drone got away and cut up some innocent party, and/or some slime-ball journalist is going to help some politicans make a "cause" out of screwing us up, and thus we will have this grand hobby interfered with, possibly restricted out of existence.

"Grand scheme" is in the context of the drone itself. If you hit someone with your drone, prop guards or not, the core issue is that you were almost surely flying your drone in an unsafe manner. I think prop guards are most useful in the context of a horizontal strike which doesn't result in significant vertical changes. I'm not dismissing them, some protection is better than none. However, their primary function is not to prevent the drone from becoming a Salad Shooter. That would be something more like propeller cages.

I respectfully suggest your anaology is in error.
You respectfully this and respectfully that but there's no resppect at all in anything you say.
You completely dismiss the opinion and experience of anyone that disagrees,
You come out with things like this ....
. . .
I agree - trouble is...some folks are not as dedicated to common sense and courtesy as you and I are. THAT is why regulators insist mfgs. put guards on things....!
There is no respect showing in what you write.
Only you have any common sense and only your opinion counts.
But you have extremely limited experience and very little idea of how people fly drones.
Your idea that you will be censored because people disagree is as baseless as so much that you write.
That might be how you would operate but we don't.
Read our community guidelines to see how we work here

I came in here to see a bear flying a drone to the right, and I get a circle jerk about lifesaving (or not) prop guards. A Twofer!

I came in here to see a bear flying a drone ............... jerk about lifesaving (or not) prop guards. A Twofer!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I object to your post - for a couple of reasons.

1) First of all.....please show some respect for my rank. Please address mne as SIR jerk.....thank you.....please.
2) I never suggested bears should run around naked when operating their drones. And I don't think humans should run around bare when they operate their drones either. I mean...think of the potential injuries to "certain body parts".....especially if the operation is without prop guards......

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I object to your post - for a couple of reasons.

1) First of all.....please show some respect for my rank. Please address mne as SIR jerk.....thank you.....please.
2) I never suggested bears should run around naked when operating their drones. And I don't think humans should run around bare when they operate their drones either. I mean...think of the potential injuries to "certain body parts".....especially if the operation is without prop guards......

I object to your objection.and, you aren't my superior, you shall not be addressed as sir.

I object to your objection.and, you aren't my superior, you shall not be addressed as sir.

.........................................................................................................

I challenge your inference that you are a bigger jerk than me. I have a "Masters" degree in jerkism...can you top that ? If not, please address me as SIR Jerk.....!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl