The real impact of today's announcement

rfernandez said:
This is another way for big brother to restrict the flying through the back door pressuring DJI
Their pitch is "Well were trying to make this new technology available to consumers more safe" Bullsthit... In turn they are not viewed as the bad company with disregard for other just proliferate a market, But the company who is proactive in manufacturing a safer product.

You are assuming that everyone who flies these things is not making moronic choices and that is simply not the case. Unfortunately, that minority of irresponsible "pilots" is one of the reasons why these restrictions are in place. Some guy posted footage from his first flight with the Phantom 2 Vision + on Facebook and it was all above busy streets with lots of people milling around. He got flamed but it's amazing that he didn't give safety a second thought.

The other thing to remember is that these quadcopters, no matter how sophisticated they are, do fail. They do fall out of the sky because the technology fails, whether it's a battery, GPS, wiring, whatever. As a responsible pilot myself, I wouldn't feel completely safe with quadcopters flying above my head.

I'm not necessarily condoning this "policing" but people have to be protected against potential injury from technical failure and idiots.

yup and so jet liners fall out of the sky and boats sink with people in it. I like to film boats coming in and out of the channels and inlets, just look at my videos. never had an incident. but by the same token i don't fly it right their butts either. Granted we have the idiots that probably were instrumental in getting this crap implemented, Having said that i don't have any restriction cause i have chosen not to upgrade from 1.08
but i refuse to go fly in an open empty field, sorry i don't live in a bubble

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1