The real impact of today's announcement

Reaction score
:lol:

Get 'em while they're not so hot anymore!

Attachments

• Buyer's Market.JPG
    Buyer's Market.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 923
Just when i get my P2V with 3DPower gimbal just were I want it..I am not gonna spend another 1300.00 to upgrade. Besides I don't like V3.0 I don't care for the flight restrictions, I live in South Florida and were surrounded by airports. If I upgrade I would be screwed. For know I am keeping my V1.08. More and more airports will be added including regional and then small airports. next thing you know you will be surrounded by no fly zones. This is just the beginning just wait and see.

Mind you that is not to say I would fly too close to airports. Being a pilot myself I know the Implications of an incident.
Besides If I wanted to fly inside the airport to do footage all I need is the advisory circular and get permission from the airport administrator and make arrangements with the control tower for flight path and altitude on the ramp which would not exceed the roof height of the hangars.

The camera is still the same in another shell no real improvements there. Only the 3 axis gimbal, and I think DJI would offer and an upgrade maybe just maybe at considerable cost I am sure.
Aside from that there are no under the hood upgrades, So I don't really see a benefit.
If you have a good and stable flying bird leave it alone i don't suggest the upgrade. that is just me... :cool:

I'm not sure everyone realizes that the zones aren't as restrictive as they initially appeared. Their "Class B" restriction, which applies to most non-int'l airports (and even some of those as well), only restricts flight within 0.6 mile of the airfield.

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc (be sure to watch the vid for a clear explanation).

Oh, and I see now I posted this thread too soon...there's now two more P2V's for sale, I'll have to update the image :D

I would have no problem with this if there was an "OFF" switch and the decision when & when not to use it was left up to me.

BTW, did anyone catch the plug at the end of the video: 394' max altitude flight limit when flying w/o GPS

iDrone

iDrone said:
I would have no problem with this if there was an "OFF" switch and the decision when & when not to use it was left up to me.

BTW, did anyone catch the plug at the end of the video: 394' max altitude flight limit when flying w/o GPS

iDrone

I did indeed, as well as the fact they didn't clarify if this means "when flying in any other mode than GPS-ATTI", or "when flying without strong enough GPS reception"...my guess is the latter of course, but whichever of the two it is, it's going to end up confusing a lot of people.

Wait i just the video. http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc can you imagine flying or loosing the gps signal and making an incursion into an active airport and having the safety feature auto land this thing in the middle of an active runway? these people think this will avoid a flyaway. they forget that true flyaway is a total loss of communication and lost gps signal meaning the phantom does not know where home is. just wait and see..

p I am keeping my V1.08

Comparing the category A by my house and the real flight maps, called sectionals, I believe this software will give people a false sense of security.
Better to not have it and instruct people to learn read aviation maps.

Yeah -- waypoints would be fun, but it's probably something I'd use twice and think, that's cool... I don't need it if it comes at too high a price....

Not sure how I currently fly requires waypoints, I do know it isn't getting 2.0 or 3.0 any time soon... ;)

The whole waypoint thing worries me a little. At least now I am pilot in command and I have to concentrate. If my spotter calls aircraft then I make all the decisions on how to react. I can see people sending quads off, kicking back and chatting to friends etc oblivious to risks developing where the quad actually is. If you don't have to fly it, you don't have to concentrate and you may well miss something.

Exactly.. I think I only want it because DJI promised it.. Like I say, probably would try it once just for the hell of it. But I don't really like the idea of autonomous flying. Partly I don't trust it and -- where's the fun! :)

gpauk said:
Exactly.. I think I only want it because DJI promised it.. Like I say, probably would try it once just for the hell of it. But I don't really like the idea of autonomous flying. Partly I don't trust it and -- where's the fun! :)

The CAA wont like it either otherwise keeping visual on the aircraft at all times, can be stretched if something happens and you cant prove a spotter wasnt keeping the sircarft in direct visual contact at all times ?

OI Photography said:
:lol:

Get 'em while they're not so hot anymore!

Mine will be added to that list tonight... No more DJI for me.

EDIT:
(Ah crap... I was pretty pissed off when I typed that... still ...)

-slinger

Shrimpfarmer said:
The whole waypoint thing worries me a little. At least now I am pilot in command and I have to concentrate. If my spotter calls aircraft then I make all the decisions on how to react. I can see people sending quads off, kicking back and chatting to friends etc oblivious to risks developing where the quad actually is. If you don't have to fly it, you don't have to concentrate and you may well miss something.

I am not moving from 1.08 the whole fun is to be the pilot. We have a group that gets together to fly on weekends at different venues and at the beginning we have decided that only one flies at a time for safety reasons. and were ok with that.
besides when the crowd starts to gather out curiosity the can be intercepted and do the Q&A while one flies undistracted.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    597.1 KB · Views: 455
This is another way for big brother to restrict the flying through the back door pressuring DJI
Their pitch is "Well were trying to make this new technology available to consumers more safe" Bullsthit... In turn they are not viewed as the bad company with disregard for other just proliferate a market, But the company who is proactive in manufacturing a safer product.

ResevorDG said:
Comparing the category A by my house and the real flight maps, called sectionals, I believe this software will give people a false sense of security.
Better to not have it and instruct people to learn read aviation maps.

I was wondering that exact same thing. I was looking online for a place to learn to read the flight maps (briefly), but didn't see anything. Is there a place online that explains them? I would like to read them to make sure I am in compliance near airports.
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4