The Plus is now on Amazon for $1999.00

SilentAV8R said:
Nope, bought it from a DJI authorized dealer whom I specifically asked if there was anything in the pike coming out soon. 3 or 4 months I might feel different, but 9 days is a harsh burn.

Ever go to the Apple store and ask when the next iPhone is coming out? I'd bet money most authorized retailers had no idea this was going to come out.

My P2 non-vision is only a couple of months old. I don't feel cheated and I'm having a blast flying/learning. The only way to ensure you don't get screwed by the "next release itis" is to never buy anything. If you can't return what you just bought, fly the heck out of it and get your money's worth. Its still an amazing machine. You'll catch up on the P3 next month.

Its 1389$ with the extra battery.

Amazon dont have it listed yet.

And what I have read now is, the camera quality is not at spar with GoPro.

Compared to the GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition video quality doesn't quite measure up. It's a little hard to see, because while both were set at their widest settings, the Vision+ maxes out at 140 degrees, where the Hero 3+ goes to 170, so things look a bit smaller. In reality, detail is much sharper in the GoPro. The Vision+ suffers from a lot of compression noise. Little things look blocky, and moiré is a constant problem in thins with patterns, like rooftops, brick walls, and even grass. There's also a fair amount of lens distortion, colors skew too warm, and there is just a ton of ISO noise in low-light.

well, I'm hoping I'll be able to upgrade my 2 month old Phantom Vision with the new + gimbal and camera, looks like it just attaches on the same way and everything so I bet it will be possible.

It's sickening to consistently see Amazon sellers trying to rip people off. Amazon should put a stop to it. I'm afraid to shop there half the time, I never know if I'm looking at a competitive price :eek:.

Yes, $1299 is the *real* price, if there is any confusion left to any new reader of this thread.

SilentAV8R said:
It's real now, and $1,299 to boot. I feel like the President of the Chump Club. My 9 day old P2V is now a $1,300

It's hardly a paper weight man! The P2V is a great piece of machinery. I've been in your situation before, and while it's kind of sucky, it happens. Especially if you're a newbie, maybe this first P2V will get a couple crashes out of your way. I know practicing on the P1 certainly saved my later P2V from death!

SilentAV8R said:
... bought it from a DJI authorized dealer whom I specifically asked if there was anything in the pike coming out soon. 3 or 4 months I might feel different, but 9 days is a harsh burn.

LOL, that does suck. I guess he didn't know though. DJI did seem to keep it pretty quiet. The first announcement about it on these forums was apparently around April 1st, and people thought it was an April Fool's joke. Or maybe I misread.

Sorry fellas but I am not buying the P2V+. They just released the P2V 120 days ago (or so) and saw the HUGE demand for gimbals and better optics only to quickly rework the bottom side of the existing P2V to include a 3 axis gimbal and a camera that may or may not be better than the FC200. They HUGELY underestimated the demand for gimbals and stable video systems.

The only way to future proof yourself in this emerging industry is to build an octa or hexa with a solid CF frame and high end gimbal then upgrade your motors, props, esc's, gps's etc down the road as needed. Ive already started planning my build for such a beast and will stick with my modified P2V's and 3rd party gimbals for now.

DJI is just reacting to the demand for stable video and will probably sell a TON of these +'s but one wont be to me. I already own 2 P2V's and thats it on the RTF side.

MrDRC said:
Sorry fellas but I am not buying the P2V+. They just released the P2V 120 days ago (or so) and saw the HUGE demand for gimbals and better optics only to quickly rework the bottom side of the existing P2V to include a 3 axis gimbal and a camera that may or may not be better than the FC200. They HUGELY underestimated the demand for gimbals and stable video systems.

The only way to future proof yourself in this emerging industry is to build an octa or hexa with a solid CF frame and high end gimbal then upgrade your motors, props, esc's, gps's etc down the road as needed. Ive already started planning my build for such a beast and will stick with my modified P2V's and 3rd party gimbals for now.

DJI is just reacting to the demand for stable video and will probably sell a TON of these +'s but one wont be to me. I already own 2 P2V's and thats it on the RTF side.

All they have done was add a gimbal. The optics are the same. Both are 1080/p30 and have 14 megapixels. Granted they added the 3 axis gimbal and more or less charged the same. The positive from this is that you can buy it from them with an extra battery and they only want $70 for the extra battery. This may be a good sign that the batteries may drop in price soon.

I will say that now is the time to buy a vision 1, have you seen the classifieds? you can get one for $750.

Ksc said:
MrDRC said:

All they have done was add a gimbal. The optics are the same. Both are 1080/p30 and have 14 megapixels. Granted they added the 3 axis gimbal and more or less charged the same. The positive from this is that you can buy it from them with an extra battery and they only want $70 for the extra battery. This may be a good sign that the batteries may drop in price soon.

I will say that now is the time to buy a vision 1, have you seen the classifieds? you can get one for $750.

Good point but I already have 2 Visions. Like I said, the only way to (somewhat) future proof yourself is to build your own and invest everything in a great frame and high end gimbal. The rest is easily upgradable. However, for those that need and want a RTF, the Vision or V+ is probably the way to go. I just think they screwed their Vision buyer, who ended up being beta testers in essence, by upgrading so fast for just a few dollars more.

I don't think the $70 for an extra battery indicates they plan to reduce the price of P2 batteries. It might happen, but that's not an indicator. Why? Because when they first launched the P2V, and also recently as they close it out, they have offered specials where they give a FREE battery with purchase. Thus, this is actually a little worse deal - $70 instead of $0 for the extra battery.

The camera does say it has a SuperWide Field of View. That may be like the GoPro Hero3+'s SuperView, I need to check the FOV angle. If so, that's a step up.

Most important, to me, is the built-in Gimbal *and* doubled control range. 2260 feet is quite a nice FPV range!

EDIT: If ordering from Amazon, you should add the 'Drops and Spills' extended warranty, lol.

Just looked at the DJI www site and they have them on sale for $1299.00 plus shipping and applicable taxes.
Listed expected ship date of april 15.

What I want is a Upgrade kit for the Phantom 2 vision.

soamz said:
Its 1389$ with the extra battery.

Amazon dont have it listed yet.

And what I have read now is, the camera quality is not at spar with GoPro.

Compared to the GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition video quality doesn't quite measure up. It's a little hard to see, because while both were set at their widest settings, the Vision+ maxes out at 140 degrees, where the Hero 3+ goes to 170, so things look a bit smaller. In reality, detail is much sharper in the GoPro. The Vision+ suffers from a lot of compression noise. Little things look blocky, and moiré is a constant problem in thins with patterns, like rooftops, brick walls, and even grass. There's also a fair amount of lens distortion, colors skew too warm, and there is just a ton of ISO noise in low-light.

Hi Soamz, where did you get that review ?
Edit: Found it (Gizmodo) :) I wonder if they were looking at jpegs rather than DNG ? (clutching at straws)

KG4MXV said:
Just looked at the DJI www site and they have them on sale for $1299.00 plus shipping and applicable taxes.
Listed expected ship date of april 15.

What I want is a Upgrade kit for the Phantom 2 vision.

Please post a link. It's not showing up for me here in Australia.

DJI is the Apple of Drones..Hope they don't release a new version every 6 months.. This technology is moving so fast, I can only amagine what the Phantom 3 Vision 5 axis gimbal, night vision camera, retractible landing gear will look like...I'll keep my PV2 til it pays for It's self, then I'll see what DJI has to offer.

On the plus side if my trusty Phantom 1 ever flies away I'll be able to replace it cheaper. The humble phantom 1 will be even cheaper soon :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20