The Phantom over the lovely Sooke Potholes

Reaction score
Flying 100 feet below me in a canyon with unknown wind, GPS and line of sight for my first flight of the day was nerve wracking to say the least. Then I worked my way downstream to the shallow areas which was mor fun. I editted it backwards, so the canyon is at the end. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/TZLNK0sk9-c

Nice footage from a go pro. Hardly any barrel distortion How'd you do that?
The close up of the bug shot in realtime sure looked a lot like the Phantom shot by the canon in the 6x time effect. It's not often bugs get to influence editors so on behalf of all the other bugs out there...thank you
I meant to ask about the skids what exactly? tks

I really have to hand it to you -- in watching the video I lost track of the number of times that I expected it to end in a crash. You are doing just the sort of flying and filming that I fantasized when I bought my Phantom but haven't yet had the nerve or skill to attempt. I also love the locations you've shown us and have them marked on my "must visit" map.

It's pretty funny. Although it was warm, I was wearing a jacket and pants. My adrenaline goes up so so high when I'm doing that tricky flying that I actually get really cold! I've edited out the clipped branches and wild turns that I did, some very close calls there. The canyon was the worst, it was so far down, as you can tell by how small the quad was, that I couldn't tell how close I was to the rocks or waterfalls. Just lifting up over the fence at the top viewing area and crossing over into the canyon gave me vertigo. It's a thrill to see the video up on the computer at home when you have no idea if any of it was good, maybe the camera shut off, there was dirt on the lens, too bumpy etc. I was delighted to get the shots, and especially to not scale that canyon wall to try and recover a crunched Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31