The Phantom 5

Not sure, will hopefully include useful upgrades; the firmware updates have been all the upgrading I need. The jump from 3 to 4 didn't really impress me at all, either. Been loving my p3 Pro (save a few issues) and don't see a need to upgrade.

Reactions: Fat Daddy
The P5 will actually record all the owners actions and wirelessly transmit to the Chinese govt.. Preparing for the coming invasion. DJI's new feature..
Maybe there won't even be a P5, maybe they will have a new top of the line model and sell the inspire for cheap, make that the midrange model.. I'd buy one over a Phantom if the price was right

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

On my wish list would be a plug for ground power. That way you could have the AC warmed up and ready to fly without killing the onboard batteries. Great for commercial applications when you are waiting for the right moment to launch.

Reactions: Vinman
It will have a deployment system built in to it to activate a parachute on excessive pitch as in throwing a prop or motor loss or a descent faster than 6mph.

You get that with higer-end DJI equipment.
This is their low-tier offering so there will always be some market segmentation.

Is the camera on the P4 essentially the same as on the P3? (not talking about gimbal). And is the camera on the standard Inspire 1 basically the same as on the P3/P4?

I'd be extremely surprised if the P5 didn't have a better camera .... hasn't dji recently introduced a camera with zoom lens?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The next phantom 5 is going to look like the movie I Robot. Has the three laws and takes voice commands. All in one home security settings to keep an eye on your house. It comes with nanites as a safety measure if things go bad. Im naming mine VIKI lol

Is the camera on the P4 essentially the same as on the P3? (not talking about gimbal). And is the camera on the standard Inspire 1 basically the same as on the P3/P4?

Yes. While the are 'improvements' they are minor. The problem is that significant improvements to the camera are possible but cost money and DJI likely feels that they can't exceed the P4 price. So somethings got to give.

The P5 will have a camera that allows you to look into the future to spy on people. That way you can get yer spying down and be gone before they show up.

Reactions: Blax
The camera is the same with a minor change in the lens.
The basic Inspire camera is the same as on the P3.

Maybe DJI will take a clue from Apple and offer the Phantom 4s before there is a Phantom 5 and make sure to change all the connectors, battery pack, props and of course it must come in 5 different fruity colors.

I am sure we will see the Phantom 5 next Winter or Spring like the 4 came out.

Probably improved camera, Osmo, more avoidance and more information collected for authorities to use against us.

I'd like to see a shift to 6 or 8 props so if a motor fails it stays up and then goes home. A tracking system in case of failure, like a beacon. I'd love to see taller legs that fold up a la' the Inpsire and a greater distance between the camera and props so we do not see the props when flying fast.

Dreams of waterproof and floating.

Don't you think the overall Phantom shape is starting to get a little dated? With the competition looking more like sinister insects, & the copy cats using phantom shape hitting the market, a total "look" change might be due.
I want to be able to yell at it & it reacts to my commands!

The P5 will be a drone simulator with Google street view built in because recreational flying of any drone anywhere will be illegal.

I'm enjoying my P4 so I'm content for now. I'm going to scour any firmware update for any new ridiculous limitations and avoid as necessary.

Idiots will ruin it for the future and any lingering drone pilots will be bootleggers (criminals).

I hope the 5 has an addon for a stick I can attach.... that way I can just fly around myself and have it wash me with a rag on a stick

Just curious why all the comical posts in this thread when the P3P and P4 are great UAVs and the P5 will surely be another amazing machine. I have a P2V, P3P and a P4 and couldn't be happier with all of them as the technology has advanced. Just saying enjoy and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj