The Phantom 3 is an incredible bit of kit

Reaction score
Hi,

With all the challenges that are (rightly) raised on this forum it feels like sometimes its important to take a step back and think about what an amazing piece of technology the Phantom 3 is. I am new to the hobby and it still blows my mind that you can get such an astonishingly easy to fly machine that produces such high image quality for the price you can.

Legitimately 10 years ago (or less) the only way to get the footage we can get would have been through either a helicopter with an HD camera on board or a much more expensive remote control unit.

I've been having a blast learning to use the Phantom and cant wait to pull together a proper video with an interesting subject matter, in the meantime here's a couple of my first whilst experimenting...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks,

R

I have made very similar comments. I have been flying RC for many years - also full sized fixed wing and helicopter. I am STILL astonished by what is being achieved for such a reasonable cost. To see a rock solid image in gusting winds is incredible. The ease of use is incredible.
4 years ago you would probably have had to spend $100,000 for the same capability.
Loved the videos BTW.

then throw into the mix that we can now edit this stuff with ease at home rather than on an edit suite costing another $100k or more

Having recently seen raw footage from a 4/3 sensor (DJI X5) the future is looking even better. Only a matter of time before we see this on a phantom sized machine i hope. Im tempted to get an Inspire pro or other larger machine for the larger sensor and low light performance but just know i wont be able to get away with flying in a lot of olaces and the portability is an issue.

Looks nice Richard! Where did you go to fly? I was at Overpeck the other day and its such a big place that it was fairly easy to find a spot where no one was around ...

The top video was in Laurel Hill Park, I have been meaning to head to Overpeck as I typically paddle board before or after flying the drone if I can and that looks like a calm spot (not desperate to fall in the Hackensack in the winter particularly!)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nicely done!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31