The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

Just did the update. I really like some of the new features like Invisibility cloaking!

Ran into the same issues others are having. Thinking my controller needed an upgrade, went through the same process I've done before when I carefully opened the transmitter case, plugged in the micro USB cable, fired up the system assistant 1.1 and began the upgrade process. Midway through I received a "firmware upgrade failed" message. The green LED on the controller was no longer lit. Unplugged the cable, power cycled, and nothing. No LED, no connection to the Phantom. Phantom remains in a failsafe mode. When I have the transmitter plugged into the PC and power it on, windows then recognizes it as I hear the PC make the audible sound it makes whenever a new device is recognized as being plugged in, but the transmitter LED will not light and the phantom nor the software will recognize the transmitter. What happened and how can I fix? Removing and reinstalling the batteries has not helped. THanks

I don't think there was a transmitter upgrade ?

You are correct. I've resolved the issue. Seems like I attempted to re-flash the same old version (user error) and it failed mid-reflash.. Re attempting the entire process has me back in business. No worries and thanks for the super fast response.

Fellow users, there was a server issue with the V2.0 upgrade for the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision. It should be resolved tomorrow. DJI appreciates your patience in this.

Can anybody say why there are less features of main controller upgraded for P2V compare to P2 (except 3 axis zenmuse ofcourse)

Phantom 2
Supported of iPad Ground Station
and PC Ground Station functions.
When using iPad Ground Station,
the BTU firmware should be
upgrade to V1.0.1.3 or above.
Added Flight Limits functions,
including Max Height and Max
Radius limits.
Added LED indicators warning, if
non-DJI smart battery is detected,
the LED flight indicators will be
solid red.
Optimized compass calibration
algorithm to increasing its
resistance to interference.
Improved battery level detecting
methods to make low battery level
warning more precise.
The maximum descending speed
is limited to 3m/s.
Fixed the bouncing problems after
landing.

Phantom 2 Vision
Main controller firmware now
includes the Flight Limits
functions, inclusive of maximum
height radius limits, which is
aimed to help users fly more
safely. Max height is set at 400m
and max radius is 1600m by
default. The default parameters
can be configured in the Assistant
Software v2.00.
The max descent speed has
changed to 3m/s.
Assistant Software v2.00 includes
Flight Limits page for
configuration.
The latest version of user guide
includes descriptions of Flight
Limits function.

It says major changes but wonder if its there too or not.
I refer to
Added LED indicators warning, if
non-DJI smart battery is detected,
the LED flight indicators will be
solid red.
Optimized compass calibration
algorithm to increasing its
resistance to interference.
Improved battery level detecting
methods to make low battery level
warning more precise.
Fixed the bouncing problems after
landing.

finally the upgrade worked :)

EDIT: talked too soon :cry:
only main controller was upgraded to 2.0 but the autopilot is still at 1.0.1.19 and showing "no updates"

They are obviously having server issues, and some people are therefore only getting partial updates - which if you apply will mean you're not flyable: as the release notes say you must apply both "main controller" i.e. flight controller and "main board" to avoid mismatch.

Regarding differences with P2 - a lot is to do with ground station. We'll be getting our version of that that via our app separately, so we don't need a lot of the under-the-hood stuff they do (not to mention not having to buy additional hardware like they do, woot!). The other bits like the invalid battery led signal we don't need - we've got our app to give us all the data on battery status, satellites, etc. The others I am assuming are fixes for issues that were P2 specific - or they are things that we will receive in a later update (perhaps along with our waypoints flying system).

Pull_Up said:
They are obviously having server issues, and some people are therefore only getting partial updates...
I called DJI HK last night to find out what's up. Ended up having an admittedly very pleasant conversation with them plus they managed to answer a few questions fairly openly. They're hoping to get the machine back up by 10PM Pacific but may be up sooner. Details are in the STICKY.

iDrone :geek:

Got my frustration yesterday night trying to upgrade but the firmware was not upgrade at all. Still got firmare v1.08.
Would try to re-do the firmware upgrading again tonight.

I notice that DJI have different upgrades for Naza-M (for more experienced users) and Phantom (for ordinanary users).
I messed up the two and have initial setting in Naza-M. When I tried to revert back to Phantom, all original parimeters were restored to default. Not sure what are the default values.

Should I try to upgrade in Phantom or Naza-M. I have no ideas what X1, X2, U1, Channel 2/7 mean at all.

Raymond

Raymond.HK said:
...Should I try to upgrade in Phantom or Naza-M. I have no ideas what X1, X2, U1, Channel 2/7 mean at all.

Raymond
Raymond if you attempted to run v2.0 Assistant and found "no new firmware" and it messed-up your settings, run the older v1.08 Assistant to see if it puts everything back. It won't hurt to force it to upgrade v1.08 over again.

Edit: For anyone reading this after the firmware servers are back online again: Don't try to downgrade your firmware back to v1.08 if you've already upgraded it to v2.0. In Raymond's case he hasn't successfully upgraded to v2.0 yet because the server was down so its not an issue.

Otherwise give DJI HK a call (since you're there and I just off the phone with them). They should be able to straighten you out.
+86 755 22673666

Good Luck!
iDrone :geek:

"Max height is set at 400m
and max radius is 1600m by
default. The default parameters
can be configured in the Assistant
Software v2.00."

Does this mean we can still go outside these default parameters or is it fixed at 400m/1.6km maximum? Worded strange...
Cheers.

In assistant, at least the UI accepts large values. (Did not try to write to the Phantom, due to delayed update policy)

Attachments

• fligfht_limits.JPG
    fligfht_limits.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 407

I can also confirm - update now working. Did the jump and I'll see if I survive it ;-)

A bit too windy today to fly but maybe it'll die down before the day is out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20