The Perfect Controller Setup

Reaction score
I've been spending time setting up my controller to achieve the following. See images attached. Any questions or ideas for improvements, fire away.

1. Stability - controller tray with shoulder harness. Being a finger and thumb operator helps me with super fine movement. Also extending the sticks to max helps. And winding down the gain/expo setting to 0.30

2. Excellent screen view - Padhat system with zero reflection due to 70 degree angled.

3. Range and Penetration - FPVLR V2 with boosters - Provides complete confidence in reception. I'm a close range operator due to my photo/video work but it's nice to not concern myself with reception in almost any environment.

4. Software - Using DJI Go and Autopilot - Autoflight logic as needed depending on capture required. Plus 32 channel setup.

5. Checklists - I flip a checklist into view from the top of the Padhat which provides a consistent non error environment to work in.

Improvements to make - I've hooked up a HDMI module and am waiting on Fatshark Dominator V3 to turn up to complete my system.
At some point soon I'll move to a bigger UAV for DSLR work but for now this is a very good system.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442869704.910221.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442869723.031961.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442869737.367058.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442869752.449573.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442869766.398690.jpg

1. Stability - controller tray with shoulder harness. Being a finger and thumb operator helps me with super fine movement. Also extending the sticks to max helps. And winding down the gain/expo setting to 0.30
Where did you get the controller tray and shoulder harness?

I've been spending time setting up my controller to achieve the following. See images attached. Any questions or ideas for improvements, fire away.

2. Excellent screen view - Padhat system with zero reflection due to 70 degree angled.

3. Range and Penetration - FPVLR V2 with boosters - Provides complete confidence in reception. I'm a close range operator due to my photo/video work but it's nice to not concern myself with reception in almost any environment.

4. Software - Using DJI Go and Autopilot - Autoflight logic as needed depending on capture required. Plus 32 channel setup.

5. Checklists - I flip a checklist into view from the top of the Padhat which provides a consistent non error environment to work in.

Improvements to make - I've hooked up a HDMI module and am waiting on Fatshark Dominator V3 to turn up to complete my system.
At some point soon I'll move to a bigger UAV for DSLR work but for now this is a very good system.

Nice kit! What backpack are you using to carry?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik