The perfect case

I love it.. except that its kinda bulky, but it has room for stuff! How about this 1:?
DJI Phantom 3 Special Fittings Backpack C0095 Hardshell Turtle Shell
and btw thx for putting the a in front of the p lol haha :)

I think the one you have linked might be a knock off... I have heard there are some knock off DJI backpacks floating around and from those stories I heard the straps can break off and are not sewed in very well.
The DJI backpack is normally like $150 so that seems really really cheap...
Aside from that the REAL DJI hard shell backpack has questionable foam. I had one for a day and the foam is easily chipped for one....
but even if you are super careful the act of putting in and removing the equipment makes really small parts break off.
You end up with little black specs that get stuck to the controller and bird. I'm sure if you get a good deal on a legit DJI one and not a not off it would be worth the cheap foam. :p

I got the dji hardshell backpack from Best Buy for $40 when I bought my pro...I need to see if there is space to cut a slot for iPad mini 3...
Just place your device behind the foam of the lid/back. My iPad Air 2 fits fine in there. ;-)

RedHotPoker

So I want a case that can carry at least 3 batteries, a tablet, phantom, controller, battery charging hub (BTW is that 100 watts?) a laynard, and anything else. Does one exist? Thanks for the help!
Most guys start out thinking "I want a hard case for maximum protection", and "I want it big enough to leave the props on" which are noble ideas. However hard cases weigh about 15lbs more than a backpack which weighs 2-4lbs, depending on the quality and model. The problem with a hard case that allows props to be left installed is it's too big to carry on a plane. You'd have to check it, which means you have to take out the batteries and carry those on the plane separate (LiPos can't be checked), defeating the purpose to keep everything together in the case.

I personally don't want to let the drone out of my sight. Since I'm always carrying it, I really don't need a hard case. I prefer having a backpack, as light as possible. A light backpack is easy to tote around on my daily flights, and I can go places I can't with a hard case, such as backpacking on trails or mountain biking into the wilderness where it's safe to fly. An electric mountain for this is the bomb! The trade-off to have a light backpack small enough to carry on a plane is I have to install my props for each flight location. Yes, it's a hassle, but well worth the trade-off of more access to flight locations, tons more. I personally like the Think Tank Heliport for Phantom 3 ($200). It provides LOADS of space for everything you need, including that charging hub you mentioned. The Heliport has adjustable walls inside which makes it very flexible to accommodate almost anything reasonable.

I personally don't like that DJI hub ($90) because it charges batteries one a time. You'd be better off buying a second 100W charger ($60) for less money. It occupies about the same space as the hub and you can charge twice as fast, if you have the time to swap batteries.

If you want a light backpack that allows the props to stay on during storage, the Microraptor backpack ($169) allows that. However it's technically too big for carry-on during vacation. That said.... I think most airlines will allow it anyway, since it looks like a backpack.

Last edited:
So I want a case that can carry at least 3 batteries, a tablet, phantom, controller, battery charging hub (BTW is that 100 watts?) a laynard, and anything else. Does one exist? Thanks for the help!
$50 MCM electronics - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24160?scode=FS602
I have one, four batteries, tablet, remote, windsurfer, charger, and phantom with props on. It takes a while to "pickandpluck" the compartments though. I would suggest getting the extra foam set since they are so cheap in case you screw a picknpluck sheet. After you have everything fitted, I would also suggest removing each piece and spraying it with plastidip, keeps the rest of the foam together and makes it last years.

Just got this off Amazon
0271af2291c185734b6026b1f4e235be.jpg

981795a46ce38786dc3a527d678de91e.jpg

Looks like I got room for one more battery [emoji3][emoji3]
6dcca507e10db544159e14d8a810a1bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This a hard case I have. I used a knife and trim router to make bigger and more holes. It holds 4 batteries, (five if one in copter), RC with EXTENDED antenna and HDMI mod, chargers (2) , iPad 2, sun screen, extra parts, small tools, bud glasses, recharagble HDMI/cell bud glasses adapter box, propeller protectors, 3 sets of propellers, extra sd card and adapter, RC body support, hdmi cables and some adapters.

View attachment 52991 View attachment 52990 This a hard case I have. I used a knife and trim router to make bigger and more holes. It holds 4 batteries, (five if one in copter), RC with EXTENDED antenna and HDMI mod, chargers (2) , iPad 2, sun screen, extra parts, small tools, bud glasses, recharagble HDMI/cell bud glasses adapter box, propeller protectors, 3 sets of propellers, extra sd card and adapter, RC body support, hdmi cables and some adapters.

Nice setup. Funny though, I have the same wrap print, the same RC knobs, same prop guards (which I haven't used yet), and last week I received the same antenna to install, and I have the same motor covers in transit from China.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair