The P2V+ is incredible

Reaction score
I Agree. I have had mine for a 3 weeks now. I had one issue at first with the compass calibration but that was resolved with the expert help of the guys at UAVDirect.com. I purchased mine at a local UAV dealer and they have great service. Running software 3.0.4 with no issues. have a great time!

Gotta agree. I purchased the P2V a few weeks ago from Amazon and was amazed at how easy it was to use from a first timer and appreciated the thorough documentation that was provided with it (and the great community here!). I just sold it to replace it with a P2V+ and can't wait to test this bird out tomorrow and see how much better the camera/gimbal is.

The entire thing is a really slick package and I'm glad I waited until P2 was released over the P1.

Once I get familiar with everything I'm on to making my own from scratch!

Dirty Bird said:
Mine went 6120' last weekend. Stock. ;)

Sometime Dirty, you'll have to explain this and tell me more. That seems like a HUGE distance for a stock bird, but I believe you...you've been great, very knowledgeable and sincere. It's just that this tidbit of info seems to defy everything else I've read and the need for extenders, better antennae and various other mods. :?

Sasquatch said:
Sometime Dirty, you'll have to explain this and tell me more. That seems like a HUGE distance for a stock bird, but I believe you...you've been great, very knowledgeable and sincere. It's just that this tidbit of info seems to defy everything else I've read and the need for extenders, better antennae and various other mods. :?

Lots of us have gotten extreme distances. I generally don't get that type of range, but last Saturday it was just perfect weather with no humidity. Plus I was flying out over water so there was no (or at least very little) Wi-Fi interference. Watch from about 7:00-11:00. The little island fort is called Fort Carroll. It is about 4700' from where I was in Fort Armistead Park. As you can see, I flew well past it when she turns around at 10:18. On an earlier attempt (original Key Bridge Flyover video) I didn't even make it to the island.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Ir0ntA0_Q[/youtube]

Wow, amazing flight. Only got mine this week and nice to see others so trusting of FPV mode. Either that or you have bionic eyesight. Crikey, when over the island you could not even make out a car on land let alone be able to see a tiny DJI Phantom up in the sky. I must learn to believe in FPV then :)

Wow is right! That is amazing footage Dirty B and very, VERY scary to a newbie like me! :shock: At this point and time, I cannot image myself taking such a risk and flying my bird over so much water and at such heights.

You mentioned to me in the beginning that I should NOT pay much attention to the FPV on my screen and I don't. I'm too preoccupied monitoring battery life, wifi signal strength and # of satellites.

Kudos to you and this is very surprising to me....not that I didn't think it was possible, but that I didn't think it was possible and likely with the PV2+ straight out of the box and with no mods.

By the way, what video editing software do you use?

Thanks and humble regards,

Sas

Sasquatch said:
Wow is right! That is amazing footage Dirty B and very, VERY scary to a newbie like me! :shock: At this point and time, I cannot image myself taking such a risk and flying my bird over so much water and at such heights.

By the way, what video editing software do you use?

Thanks. My goal, once I get an extra controller and extender to install my antenna mods, is to make it all the way to the land on the other side of the second bridge you see off in the distance. :cool:

I don't really use anything for editing except the YouTube editor to trim off a little and add some of their free music. Been holding off on that because knowing me, it'll be some uber expensive Adobe stuff that I'll want and, with the truck issues I've been having I can't be going nuts. Just spent around $3800 replacing a turbocharger and a few other parts on my work truck! :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues