The one factor in between choosing the Typhoon H or P4

Can you remove the camera on the TH and add another when Thermal camera is available?
The Typhoon H has a removable camera so that you can swap in a different camera or something else, or fly with no camera. Of course as of today, the only camera available is the one it comes with.

I'm kinda wedged in deciding if I should buy one to try out...I buy the newest DJI birds without hesitation as I know what to expect but this is a whole new ball of wax...Buy an H or just wait and see what DJI offers in the soon (Hopefully) to be released "Inspire II".
The Inspire II looks amazing with its dual cameras (based on leaked photos). Love to own one. My opinion of the Typhoon H is that it fits nicely between the Phantom 4 and the Inspire. If you could own all 3 you'd be a happy man! :)

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
One more thing to mention is solidness of p4. All Yuneec products feel flimsy. And they are not solid at all. Quality of chassis is also incomparable.

I agree 100% that the Phantom 4 is probably more solid than both the Inspire and Typhoon H. But the goal of flying a drone well is to never have to test how solid it is in a crash.

I'm doubting if it will been seen for sale in North America anytime in 2016 although there are some kicking around...I've seen some of the video footage etc but never any mention of the obstacle avoidance...But the remote looks horrible, like carrying around and flying with a keyboard for an RC...another critical issue I've heard people who have used them say that they find themselves looking down as the RC screen is in between the sticks where every other system has a tablet that is up much higher and feels more natural. But I guess we will see.

Times are a changing. People on the west coast are receiving their Typhoon H now. People on the east coast receive it this week.

Reference the controller. I grew up in the drone world with DJI products so my brain was all about the very basic and limited DJI controller. I thought the controller for the Typhoon H was too large and had too many switches... wow was I ever wrong. The switches are nicely placed and allow for so many changes on the fly without going into the software. In addition it has HDMI out as standard and a micro USB slot on the bottom so that you can take the micro SD card out of the drone and watch and edit your 4K videos. Also, when you fly in 'curved cable cam mode' the right joystick becomes directly connected to the 360 camera. Imagine the shots you can get!

And the thing that has me on the fence is Lightbridge and WiFi, with the P4 having Lightbridge and the TH having the WiFi. From what I have read the Lightbridge would seem to be heaven sent and take care of any distance/connection issues. With that being said though, the very first sticky post in this forum would seem to indicate that even with Lightbridge people are having distance/connection issues. At first the deal killer on the Typhoon H was the 400 ft altitude limit, but I now know that is just out of the box setting and can be changed to allow for more altitude
....and for just $100 more, you can upgrade the Phantom 4 for HDMI output. Imagine FPV in HDMI! I upgraded both my Phantom3 Pro and my Phantom 4 and love it! Along with the other features, no one can match.

Lightbridge is definitely a deal breaker for those who have a need for long distances, which is the reason that even though I have a Typhoon H coming, I'm not getting rid of my Phantom 3.
See...I don't get this. I can get 2 miles on my P2V+ with WIFI or a little less with my P3S and never have an issue with viewing via WIFI most of the time. Sometimes I can get good distance with my P3P without an issue and sometimes I can go a block or two and the video breaks up.

Times are a changing. People on the west coast are receiving their Typhoon H now. People on the east coast receive it this week.

Reference the controller. I grew up in the drone world with DJI products so my brain was all about the very basic and limited DJI controller. I thought the controller for the Typhoon H was too large and had too many switches... wow was I ever wrong. The switches are nicely placed and allow for so many changes on the fly without going into the software. In addition it has HDMI out as standard and a micro USB slot on the bottom so that you can take the micro SD card out of the drone and watch and edit your 4K videos. Also, when you fly in 'curved cable cam mode' the right joystick becomes directly connected to the 360 camera. Imagine the shots you can get!
Who has received the Typhoon H already? I don't see any youtube video review or any proof that anyone other than testers and journalists have ever laid eyes on the Typhoon H in person.

See...I don't get this. I can get 2 miles on my P2V+ with WIFI or a little less with my P3S and never have an issue with viewing via WIFI most of the time. Sometimes I can get good distance with my P3P without an issue and sometimes I can go a block or two and the video breaks up.
You may be referring to when the bitrate changes automatically and makes the live view video quality worse in order to maintain a signal ( P3P has min bitrate of 4mbps and P3A has a min bitrate of 2mbps so in theory the P3A should have a longer range than the P3P but the P3P has a higher max bitrate for video transmission, neither one has video that "breaks up". I owned a P3S for 1 day and it was awful, the video on that really does break up and is subject to more interference (in my opinion).

Reactions: arcaine25
How about the fact that the Typhoon H can only travel at a max speed of 22 mph (10 meters per second) The Phantom 4 travels at that speed when obstacle avoidance is turned on but can be switched to Sport mode to cover ground faster when Obstacle Avoidance is not needed.

Typhoon H has a wider field of view so the images will be more distorted (like a Phantom 2 Vision + or GoPro VS the Phantom 3 Or Phantom 4)

Typhoon H is not available yet, Phantom 4 is.

Typhoon H has a 7" monitor built into the controller so you have no option of what size display to use. I personally love my 9.7" iPad Pro.

FPV only works up to 400 meters. That is optimal conditions and I can tell you that the Phantom 4 can go at least 4 or 5 times farther than that in optimal conditions. Check the thread about distance records and there are people doing more than 2000 meters stock. I personally have flown more than 2 miles out stock no problem. 1 mile in urban areas with lots of trees and interference.

Accessories are more readily available for the Phantom 4

The bottom line is the Typhoon H is not available yet. There could very well be a Phantom 5 out by the time the Typhoon H is released.
Your wrong, the H can reach 44 mph, I know I have one now!

Who has received the Typhoon H already? I don't see any youtube video review or any proof that anyone other than testers and journalists have ever laid eyes on the Typhoon H in person.
Really... this may help. Go on YouTube and do a search for TYPHOON H then select FILTER and look for videos from the past week.

OK... now this was Cool. So this guy named "Ming" has a Typhoon H that he has been doing all sorts of tests with. He is on one side of a river and realizes he forgot his HDMI cable for his headset, so he sends the Typhoon H over the river to meet up with his friends. He lowers the landing gear and his friends toss the HDMI cable onto it, then he flies it back to himself. The photo below is taken from the YouTube video when the "H" was flying back with the cable. Now I'm getting all kinds of ideas for transporting small objects. :)

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 8.17.51 PM.jpg

They are being delivered as we speak!
Amazon now shows in stock for the Typhoon H, just ordered one.
I will keep my P3 until it proves it worthiness. lol

OK... now this was Cool. So this guy named "Ming" has a Typhoon H that he has been doing all sorts of tests with. He is on one side of a river and realizes he forgot his HDMI cable for his headset, so he sends the Typhoon H over the river to meet up with his friends. He lowers the landing gear and his friends toss the HDMI cable onto it, then he flies it back to himself. The photo below is taken from the YouTube video when the "H" was flying back with the cable. Now I'm getting all kinds of ideas for transporting small objects. :)

View attachment 53820

Did he say how far that was across? , looks like about a mile or so.

Did he say how far that was across? , looks like about a mile or so.
I have no idea, but you'll note that he has unscrewed one of the antennas on the controller and replaced it with an after market antenna for longer range & reception.

Here is the 6 min video. I have to warn you that 5 mins of this video are pretty boring as he waits for the "H" to return.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Isa Aydin
I saw this on YouTube in regards to the Typhoon. You might want to give it time before purchasing one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not buy any drone until it's been on the market for a reasonable amount of time and I've had a chance to review some feedback on it. So I can't imagine what is motivating some individuals to "pre-order" this Typhoon H -- or any other drone, or computer, or car, or anything.

Whenever possible, step back and let someone else do the learning.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic