The one factor in between choosing the Typhoon H or P4

The P5 will be nowhere near ready when the Typhoon H is released.

There are inherent benefits to each. As someone (myself) that will not only have the H, but I'll have one of the first ones as they roll out, possibly even an early one, I can say that I have no dog in the race.

There is no question that there have been some issues with the P4 but I can also guarantee that there will be issues with the H.

It is my THEORY that the P4 was released a little early and while early adopters should expect a certain amount of issues, they are too many and too important to have been rolled out like it was. That said, they seem to slowly but surely working their way to a mostly good production line but buy from Apple or Best Buy and if you get a bad one, you bring it back. Simple as that.

As for the 22mph, that's fine for me. You need to know your desires and if it doesn't meet them, that's fine but if you ask a Phantom forum about what you should do, well you're going to get a skewed response. I would suggest going to RCGroups to ask the questions you are seeking,

I would keep in mind that DJI makes not only the Phantom but a bunch of other products including the flight boards, ESCs and motors that are used and trusted within not only the photography community, but also the hobbyist DYI community.

DJI is still the most innovative company when it comes to UASs. Yuneec is definitely making strong strides towards chipping away at the monopoly and I keep waiting for that thing to show up at my door but I would rather them work out kinks than turn out a shotty product. I mean, DJI should probably releasing the P4 right now. It might have been a finanicial short term bad decision but in my opinion htey have caused some irrepurable harm from both old and new customers. The older clients have been around long enough to know that DJI is a quality company when it comes to parts and non-DIY as well and Yuneec are flat out not using components that are as quality as the DJI line but who if you don't assemble those quality components well or are an engineer where you can fix things yourself, it's best if the machine you get works. The P4 is definitely getting better from the line but it's not perfect, and neither will the H.
Yuneec is in q lawsuit with DJI, I don't think that the Typhoon H will be released anytime in the next 6 months.

Yuneec is in q lawsuit with DJI, I don't think that the Typhoon H will be released anytime in the next 6 months.

I'm doubting if it will been seen for sale in North America anytime in 2016 although there are some kicking around...I've seen some of the video footage etc but never any mention of the obstacle avoidance...But the remote looks horrible, like carrying around and flying with a keyboard for an RC...another critical issue I've heard people who have used them say that they find themselves looking down as the RC screen is in between the sticks where every other system has a tablet that is up much higher and feels more natural. But I guess we will see.

Last edited:
I saw this on YouTube in regards to the Typhoon. You might want to give it time before purchasing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The account who posted that video (IrixGuy) just released another video today on why he re ordered it though, so that kind of invalidates that video tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm really leaning towards the Typhoon H. As far as speed goes, I'm not looking to win any races and I have seen videos of the H hitting 40 mph. With distance, I have no need to be going out further than a mile, and technically you are suppose to keep the drone within sight. The 400 ft altitude limit can be changed. And I, for one, love the built in monitor. I have an iPhone 5S and won't have to spend another couple of hundred on a tablet. As for the Lightbridge vs wifi, as I mentioned before, look at the first sticky thread in this forum. People are obviously having range issues Lightbridge. With all that being said though, I still might very well end up with a P4. I'm going to wait for the H to come out and read about it in the hands of hundreds of pilots, not just 5 or 6. Lastly, I've been an aviation buff my whole life, with an affection for bombers like the B52 and B2 over fighters. I kind of view the P4 as the fighter jet and the H as the bomber. Weird, I know, but true. Thanks for the advice.

I'm doubting if it will been seen for sale in North America anytime in 2016 although there are some kicking around...I've seen some of the video footage etc but never any mention of the obstacle avoidance...But the remote looks horrible, like carrying around and flying with a keyboard for an RC...another critical issue I've heard people who have used them say that they find themselves looking down as the RC screen is in between the sticks where every other system has a tablet that is up much higher and feels more natural. But I guess we will see.
Well, that's because the ST-10 looked like this.

what_in_box_4k_website-02.png

While the ST-16 looks like this:

yuneec-typhoon-h-st16-radio_1024x1024.jpg

Which is the little brother to the Tornado's ST-24

5492_pd2718976_5_65b2188fe17bcef8813bbf824f5ac92549.jpg

Having used the ST-24 I can tell you with authority that it is AWESOME.

The integration on the Q500+ 4K is nice but it's not like these two. These are awesome and they integrate so much better.

It is in the interest of the non-DIY community to have this Yuneec H on the market and be as good or better than the P4.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
According to Amazon and BH, May 25th is the date.

Amazon.com : Yuneec Typhoon H RTF in Color Box with ST16 Transmitter, CGO3+ Camera, Battery, Charger : Camera & Photo

I have done some work with the PR people for them and it has earned me one and I should be getting it as soon as they roll out so I hope it's soon.

Besides, they will be available in places where American IP law isn't as strong. It's ironic that there is a battle between DJI and Yuneec for international property considering they are both Chinese companies which pretty much are void of any intellectual property law.

The H is coming.

Hex Failsafe flight? I'd love to see video of it successfully flying and landing with 5 or even 4 props.

Typhoon H is starting to hit the streets. I'm no fanboy but they are shipping to end users now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only reason i wud buy the typhoon "haight" is that its a hex copter and if you loose a motor, you can still land it. As far as 360 camera, i never use the 360 camare on my inspire. I get smoother pans by yawing the ship. Yah retracts are nice and help the stability of the inspire, not sure about the H. I am flying the inspire and P4 comercially and love them both! No video interuptions and fly LOS on most of my shoots, so flight times and distance is not important to me.

Everybody releases everything early. Customers are the new beta testers - just the way that the tech economy goes. If you have any sense you won't buy a revision 1 Apple product - wait for rev 3 and get it before rev 6 (when the jump the shark by doing something egregiously silly). Probably the best buy in small UAVs is the P3 Pro. Pretty much debugged at this point and as far a the camera, about as far as they are going to get until somebody comes up with a better set of video chips.

But hey, buy everything! Help em out! Good for the economy and all that.

The only reason i wud buy the typhoon "haight" is that its a hex copter and if you loose a motor, you can still land it. As far as 360 camera, i never use the 360 camare on my inspire. I get smoother pans by yawing the ship. Yah retracts are nice and help the stability of the inspire, not sure about the H. I am flying the inspire and P4 comercially and love them both! No video interuptions and fly LOS on most of my shoots, so flight times and distance is not important to me.
I can land my P3 on three motors. Just not very gracefully.

About a year ago on this forum I saw a video of some guys who wrote what I guess you would call code for the software and they were able to get a quad down on 3 props. Not graceful, not soft by any means, but make of it what you will.

The bottom line is the Typhoon H is not available yet. There could very well be a Phantom 5 out by the time the Typhoon H is released.

sounds like a quad 3dr announced about 2 years ago, what was its name?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl