The next upgrade

Reaction score
Hi All

I have had my Phantom 2 vision + for a short while now. It was bought because of the great new features. Being more of a photographer and wanting to do more in that line than just flying the old Mk ! I have had for same time now. I did get some nice video with it. but I need to go a stage further with autonomous flight, as with the GS APP. It is a great move forward but it only allows you to tilt the camera while on a mission, nothing more. OK you can PAUSE it and continue but to do anything more you HAVE to take control by flicking the S1 switch. After that it WILLL NOT continue the mission. So my plan for the future is this. I want to be able to. let us say film an old building or whatever from several angles and heights. This to be done by going to waypoint 1, take control move the Phantom around, film and then continue the mission to waypoint 2 do the same and so on.
For now this is not possible. so my question is......
When or how soon can we expect an upgrade that will enable this. Now I have to go to a single waypoint, take control take the film or pic and then ''GO HOME'' and start over with a second mission to another waypoint. This is rather tedious and it wastes flight time on the batteries.

Just asking, as the upgrades do seem to be coming out a bit more often.

Best to all out there.
P

Currently I would assume that DJI would be very reluctant to implement the features that you, myself and nearly everyone out there would like in the app.

Their current flagship program, Ground Station for the IPad and PC does all that already, what is required for that is the Bluetooth Data link hardware for it to operate.

A quick brows of the manual I believe you are able to set waypoints in a 3d environment so picture and video angles etc can be determined whilst in the flight planning stages. Point of Interest (POI) can also be set from waypoint to waypoint.

The only thing that is stopping myself from buying the datalink hardware is not knowing if it is compatible with the vision plus, so if anyone knows please advise.

Hmm, no. The full GS app does not allow control of camera direction etc during flight or at waypoints. The full GS is still quite limited in that respect.

As to compatibility with the V+ there is a full thread regarding this, started by myself who added the Datalink kit to my V+.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18439

@ downunderphantom. I just checked with the supplier I got my P2V+ from and they told me that the Bluetooth data link is NOT yet compatible with the P2V+. So for now until it is sorted out I will just send the phantom out to a single waypoint, Take control, do the film bit and then send it HOME. It's a bummer but it should be an upgrade within the foreseeable future.

Happy flights

P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20