The new "Wasabi Power Intelligent Flight Battery"

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468705262.017846.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468705272.839364.jpg

So this is the new Wasabi Power Intelligent Flight Battery for the phantom 3 series of drones any tried them yet? Seems legit knowing that the same company makes generic batteries for the GoPro hero 4 series that are really good so wonder if this is a game changer for Dji batts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Paraphrasing what I said in another post, Is it worth saving $23 to risk your $1000 investment? If something happens, will DJI cover a warranty claim when using non-standard parts? If the price is the only difference then I would rather stick with DJI batteries. Now double the flight time and I will start looking into it.

If something happens, will DJI cover a warranty claim when using non-standard parts?
They definitely will not cover it.

I bought (2) after market batteries for my P2 and after 5-6 charges they swelled up like puffer fish and I stop using them. They ended up in the recycle center. A big waster of money. I would not take the risk for my P3A to save a few dollars. (Lessons learned). I will say I do use this brand "Wasabi" in my Go Pro camera, they do a great job and are a lot cheaper than Go Pro brand batteries. If one fails it's no big deal. But I'll stick to the real deal when it comes to my bird.

I've also read the DJI App now blocks the use of 3rd party batteries and you will get this message: "Non DJI Intelligent battery detected. Flight is prevented". Some are using Litchi to get around this block. But yes I can't see the risk for $20 dollars in savings.

Thanks guys I did not purchase or use this battery I was only on Amazon looking around and saw that is was a new generic player in the game and thought I'd make a post about it if you guys had already seen this and tried it out and to hear your cons/pro or in other terms your opinion on this new battery

For me I wouldn't risk 20 + add dollars just for my bird to fall out the sky, and to be hose the my bird fell out the sky the other day with a genuine Dji battery real talk anyways when I recover the craft in fell in the bushes so hardly any damage to it if not at all

So when I read the log file it showed that one of my cells were damage as show in this image
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468726458.544312.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468726477.051180.jpg

So it shows my first cell to be way below the balance voltage of the other three cells I don't know what happen one minute the battery was good and a next minute when inserted in comes up with this error message "battery cell damaged"

I tried the method to deep discharge it all the way down to 8% to see if the voltage would leveled out across all the cells but the problem still arises back even the mAh values falls from 4480mAh to 2026mAh voltage did the same thing too from 17.2V to 16.7v

Last edited:
I tried the method to deep discharge it all the way down to 8% to see if the voltage would leveled out across all the cells but the problem still arises back.
If your battery is less than 6 months old, DJI will most likely replace it for free.

If your battery is less than 6 months old, DJI will most likely replace it for free.

But why would the battery do that? I don't understand why it would just kill the bird "power off in mid flight and fall out the sky like that then when I power it back on this message showed up

View attachment 59961

It sounds like it might be defective.

After 15 Cycles of discharge? Normally if the batt is defective, on the first power on it normally say invalid battery or something of that sort but I've been using this ever since I bought the drone if came with it my only battery

After 15 Cycles of discharge? Normally if the batt is defective, on the first power on it normally say invalid battery or something of that sort but I've been using this ever since I bought the drone if came with it my only battery
Just like any product, it can fail at any time, no one can predict it. You are just unlucky I guess.

Just like any product, it can fail at any time, no one can predict it. You are just unlucky I guess.

Yea I guess, it's a **** shame though guess I'd just have to buy a OEM battery off here in classified section, thing is I don't know who's legit or not to purchase from [emoji53]

I agree with MP...$23 isn't enough incentive to get me to purchase these. If it were $50-75 then I'd consider it. But for $23 I'll take the tried and true.

I've had several Wasabi batteries for GoPros. Not terribly impressed. Several failures early on and no significant performance increase. For a GoPro it's no big deal. For a UAV, not so much.

I have used wasabi batteries without a single failure. That said I would never use one in my Phantom. Too many issues possible issues could arise.. If an aftermarket battery fails in my camera the camera doesn't explode... If it fails in my Phantom it definitely explodes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj