The New Strobes Thread

The LED spot lights. Three 5W cool white Leds with 15° lenses.

Attachments

• 1464662154980.jpg
    1464662154980.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 1464662166744.jpg
    1464662166744.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 1464662178715.jpg
    1464662178715.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 397
Check out Lume Cube. They produce 1500 lumens each and their is a KIT for the Phantom 3. Super bright with a ton of other features.
www.bhphotovideo.com

Last edited:
Is it possible for someone with decent knowledge on leds give a simple explanation on the components needs to DIY an LED light for a UAV. I would love to order the individual parts but am not positive on everything I need to get one working properly.

What are you looking for? Color? Spot? Bright?

Is it possible for someone with decent knowledge on leds give a simple explanation on the components needs to DIY an LED light for a UAV. I would love to order the individual parts but am not positive on everything I need to get one working properly.

$49?

Wow, I'm in the wrong business!

Those DS-30s are light on some details, such as power source (though it lists the VDC range). For $49, I have to figure all of that out and do the work of hard-wiring it to the UAVs power system?

Also: no LED wattage, mounting required, and the 200 candela doesn't give the measurements required to convert it to lumen.

You will need a heatsink, a LED driver and a battery.
That one is 34V , so you will also need a step up transformer.
What do you want your LED to do? Be a spot light for filming? Or just a bright light to see your quad from far away. The one you linked are pretty big and not durable.
Likely a spot light but I am just talking about a walk through of components you need and what to look for when buying components. I see all these suggestions in the $50 - $80 range but would prefer to DIY it. For example, what would it take to get something like this working on a Phantom?

30W White High Power Planar COB LED | High Powered | Component LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

Good lord! Thats about $6 in parts and ten minutes to solder together. $50?!

$50 isn't much when you factor in cost of materials, taxes, labor ect. I've seen similar Cree light pcbs for around $7 alone. Add the controller, plastic housing and dome. You are probably sitting around $20+ if you did it yourself. That's assuming the plastic pieces aren't custom made for this particular application. Besides that even spending $100 for a strobe to go on a $1400 drone isn't absurd.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj