The new Phantom Vision

Reaction score
I just got an email about the new phantom vision ready in stock, I wondered about the camera because I use it for aerial shots more than just flying. Has anyone made any tests ( excluding dealers please )? DJI posted a test showing the GoPro3 vs the Vision
http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-2-vi ... l=20131102

Somehow I don`t think their Vision camera will be better than GP3`s Protune in quality. If it was I`d be buying it right away, the new bird does a lot of stuff we always wanted to see in a phantom. I just hope DJI would leave a version that can be custom fitted like the Phantom 1, or I believe they`ll be losing a lot of good customers in the RC market.

Anyway, I won`t purchase the new one until there`s a zillion reviews showing the camera can deliver or someone starts selling the mods to add a decent gimbal and better camera.

rotorhead42 said:
I just got an email about the new phantom vision ready in stock, I wondered about the camera because I use it for aerial shots more than just flying. Has anyone made any tests ( excluding dealers please )? DJI posted a test showing the GoPro3 vs the Vision

i had the same concerns and i couldn't find any relevant image files to play with so, due to job pressures, i had to go ahead and purchase. it arrived yesterday but due to 80mph gusts all over the south west of the uk, i haven't flown it more than 2 feet in my photo studio!
initial images look great but i need landscapes not pictures of my sofa from 10 feet!
Today looks more breezy than gusty outside so hopefully i will get out and about with it. should i get the opportunity then i will post some jpg and raw files and maybe a few 100% crops online via dropbox for you and others to download.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj