The new no fly zones keep growing

Reaction score
today I went flying in a park outside the new stadium no fly zone and realized there is a newer, larger no fly zone around the city. That wasn't there yesterday.

This new zone pretty much restricts flight in most of the places I fly in the city, parks and open areas. My p3 is basically useless to me now.

My question is, how do I get around these no fly zones? They obviously aren't in the software or firmware. I even tried flying with autopilot without any luck.

Is there a way to hack these new ridiculous no fly zones?

It is likely these new no fly zones are established by law. Better do a search for your local ordinances before you try to defeat the safety features of the drone. These features that prevent you from flying in certain areas could keep your drone from being confiscated and you facing fines and jail. Go through the established channels instead of becoming a rebel outside the system.

It is likely these new no fly zones are established by law. Better do a search for your local ordinances before you try to defeat the safety features of the drone. These features that prevent you from flying in certain areas could keep your drone from being confiscated and you facing fines and jail. Go through the established channels instead of becoming a rebel outside the system.

That sums it up....we we!com cannnadannans down in Florida still. Sorry about the vapor air restrictions what city or what ever you call them?

I'm not sure how to hack zones, and to be honest I never would. As mentioned already it will lead you into a lot of trouble and probably arrest. It would also give other members of this great hobby a bad name and cause even more of a clampdown by the FAA/CAA.

Reactions: Volantis

These zones are not restricted by law. I am not trying to break any laws I'm trying to fly within them and dji is preventing me from doing so.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I'm not sure how to hack zones, and to be honest I never would. As mentioned already it will lead you into a lot of trouble and probably arrest. It would also give other members of this great hobby a bad name and cause even more of a clampdown by the FAA/CAA.

In not within any airport or any restricted area by law, I'm not in the US and there has been no restriction in my country for flying near stadiums.

In not within any airport or any restricted area by law, I'm not in the US and there has been no restriction in my country for flying near stadiums.
Not sure, as in the UK. I'm sure you do not want to break the law, it might be that the FAA feed DJI with new zones as and when, something the public may not have all the information on, such as any possible 'sensitive areas' or security service info.

Not sure, as in the UK. I'm sure you do not want to break the law, it might be that the FAA feed DJI with new zones as and when, something the public may not have all the information on, such as any possible 'sensitive areas' or security service info.

How can the FAA restrict flights outside of the United states? I don't want to fly over stadiums, I want to fly almost 2km away and I'm unable to

These zones are not restricted by law. I am not trying to break any laws I'm trying to fly within them and dji is preventing me from doing so.
You said you were going to fly in parks, parks are populated by people, the FAA forbids flying over people. Do some research and find out what laws your local government are writing. If the laws are there, then you need to abide by them unless you are prepared to challenge them in court after being charged with a crime. Even if the laws are wrong, you need to contact your representatives and provide them with the correct laws so they can remove unlawful restrictions. That is the way things work.

Reactions: nickyb
How can the FAA restrict flights outside of the United states? I don't want to fly over stadiums, I want to fly almost 2km away and I'm unable to
I didn't notice you were in Canada. I'll have to start looking at locations before responding. Canada, of course, is not controlled by the FAA, but I am sure they have their own enforcement agencies. You need to research your laws rather than simply decide to do whatever you want because you think you know better.

I didn't notice you were in Canada. I'll have to start looking at locations before responding. Canada, of course, is not controlled by the FAA, but I am sure they have their own enforcement agencies. You need to research your laws rather than simply decide to do whatever you want because you think you know better.

Thank you, I have researched the laws. For a drone under 2kg that is not been flown commercially I am allowed to fly my drone in these areas. The restriction is dji not the law

Well unless you did a firmware update after your flight yesterday, it appears DJI has moved NFZ checks over to the software side. Bad news. I could swear I saw somewhere that DJI has an online form you can use to submit erroneous NFZs. Can't seem to find it though.

Just a thought. Maybe its just DJI playing safe so they can avoid any issues from law enforcement agencies. I think the amount of NFZ will continue to spread in built up areas.

Reactions: StumbleBee
Well unless you did a firmware update after your flight yesterday, it appears DJI has moved NFZ checks over to the software side. Bad news. I could swear I saw somewhere that DJI has an online form you can use to submit erroneous NFZs. Can't seem to find it though.

No firmware or app updates

I don't see how it would be possible without an app update or firmware update. The gps in the bird needs to know about NFZs ahead of time. So either the app is phoning home to update its list of NFZs while it's got a data connection, or you're mistaken. There's no other way.

I don't see how it would be possible without an app update or firmware update. The gps in the bird needs to know about NFZs ahead of time. So either the app is phoning home to update its list of NFZs while it's got a data connection, or you're mistaken. There's no other way.

I'd bet it's phoning home....

The tablet I used has not had an Internet connection for 10 days as its been discharged. The firmware on the bird is 1.3. I was flying from the same exact spot as a couple of days earlier.

The only reason I knew the no fly zone existed is because after it wouldn't take off (telling me I was in a no fly zone) I switched to my phone (which has data) and saw the new zones

Did the tablet have a data connection while you were recharging it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers