The new and improved Hubsan X4: Surf Edition

Reaction score
I know there are some X4 fans in here. :D

I actually fly this little quad about 50/50 with the Phantom, and almost everything else stays in the closet.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQT5W7hhwI[/youtube]

LOL, does the radio signal drop out at all under water?

I got an X2 just for practice and inside fun. It gets sucked to the ceiling too easily

Did an unpowered decent from about 50' and wasn't able to regain control. Bent one of the arms pretty bad but just bent it back in place with a little glue and good to go. I have a spare shell but there's no way I'm going to make those tiny solder joints with my skills.

sbarton said:
**** near indestructible. It fell from about 1000', regained control briefly about 200', fell into a tree and then on the ground, landed right side up and could still fly.

That's what I always thought until the other day. I just got a new unit. I flew 1.5 batteries before hitting the dirt ground. Broke the shell. It crashes well, but it's also a lot of luck.

I gotta get one of those. lol

sbarton said:
Are you using the prop guards? I find that absorbs a lot of the impact. Also the shell is made to separate upon impact and can be snapped back together.

-Scott

Nope, I was also in "expert" mode so it hit the ground harder.

Still... I've crashed X4s plenty... This was the first time I broke the shell in what looked like a pretty easy crash. I was really surprised but I guess I hit it just right...

sbarton said:
Are you using the prop guards? I find that absorbs a lot of the impact. Also the shell is made to separate upon impact and can be snapped back together.

-Scott

The prop guards are so weak on the X4. I keep breaking them, along with breaking props, along with props mysteriously flying off mid flight. The X4 was an excellent choice as a learning tool.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic