The Negative Reputation...Please Be Careful

Had to do a test flight on new setup. Flew outside my house at about 1030pm. Only one teenage kid walked by with his dog and said, "****! That's you flying that drone? That's so cool!"

I can't say d a m n?
Wow

I can't say d a m n?
Wow
That's a new filter the site has to prevent cussing here longdog and is here for a reason which is what you saw .

That's a new filter the site has to prevent cussing here longdog and is here for a reason which is what you saw .

I get that. But when it shows up at ***** it looks a whole lot worse than what I actually tried to say (which is hardly a cuss) :)

I had a slight problem like this, i was flying over over a large estuary in the lake district england, when the grumpy old man and wife came charging over to me ranting about invading his privacy, I frowned took a long exhale then a deep breath and politely explained to him that my was drone (phantom 3 pro at the time) was about 1.5 km away over the mouth of the estuary, and of what possible interest was he to me compared to the beautiful scenery in the area, I then asked him why was he so special that I would be possible interested in him considering that at 120m altitude he would look like an ant and you cant really notice any distinguishing features anyway. His wife was a lovely lady and was trying to apologize for his rude behavior, the man after i explained where the drone was then had the audacity to come around over my shoulder to look at my live video feed and then proclaim how fascinating it was!!!!! Some people just need politely educating!!!!!

FEELING, this or that, (privacy violation) is a form of victimization.

Being a victim gives many power.

He was exercising his perceived power (over you) to chastise you.

I had a slight problem like this, i was flying over over a large estuary in the lake district england, when the grumpy old man and wife came charging over to me ranting about invading his privacy, I frowned took a long exhale then a deep breath and politely explained to him that my was drone (phantom 3 pro at the time) was about 1.5 km away over the mouth of the estuary, and of what possible interest was he to me compared to the beautiful scenery in the area, I then asked him why was he so special that I would be possible interested in him considering that at 120m altitude he would look like an ant and you cant really notice any distinguishing features anyway. His wife was a lovely lady and was trying to apologize for his rude behavior, the man after i explained where the drone was then had the audacity to come around over my shoulder to look at my live video feed and then proclaim how fascinating it was!!!!! Some people just need politely educating!!!!!
The best way to fight ignorance is with polite education.

Most people, like your first visitors, are just curious and want to learn about your drone. The ones I've dealt with are amazed at the technology involved as yours did, and leave with a positive attitude.......usually wanting one of their own. Then, you get the ones that become defensive and want to cause trouble claiming their privacy has been invaded. Can't make everybody happy. But @Flipsonic, you handled it well and made new friends that have a positive attitude toward the hobby. They are still probably talking about how cool it was. And that's a good thing. Well done. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
This is why I am NEVER around other people when I fly. If they see my drone; they never see who's controlling it. Best way to avoid problems from lookyloos.

A neighbor told me not to fly over his house because it's an invasion of his piracy. I said to him "Yeah I see what you do in there. I wouldn't want anyone seeing that either!"

Haven't seen or heard from him since. :)

I have the same thing in the UK. So many people think that they have the right to order you about. I now fly at night from secret locations using litchi. There is no way anyone can find me. I fly from tall buildings and as soon as I have landed I put the drone in the boot and drive away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers