The most incredible Phantom story

Reaction score
I've had incredible Phantom lost recovery stories, but this beats all. I was in the Rocky Mountains filming http://youtu.be/bHKL73zhAg4
After 3 days of filming, I watch in terror as my Phantom stops responding while over Grand Lake in Colorado and just sinks into the lake no matter how hard I tried to revive the throttle. It was about 200 feet from shore. The water is clear. I attempt to jump into the water, as I'm in my bathing suit. The water is soooo cold I last about 5 seconds. We rented a kayak and tried our best to find it, but no luck. Another Phantom bites the dust. I was more upset about losing the days filming that losing the Phantom (I knew that was inevitable, some sooner, some later). Well I continued my vacation a little sadder, but I knew this meant I could get the Tali H500, so I wasn't real sad. I figured I'd sell all the rest of the Phantom gear on ebay and get something back. This was last Wednesday. We head back to Chicago. Today at lunch my phone rings and a guy says to me, "Did you lose a drone"!!! OMG!!! How do you have it? "I was paddleboarding on the lake and I saw it on the bottom of the lake. I went and got my scuba gear and I came back and got it. It was about 30 feet down" OMG! How much would you charge me to pack it in a box and send it to me? "Is $50 too much?" I Paypal'd him $80 to include postage and he sent me a tracking number in 30 minutes. My Phantom is coming home, but more importantly the SD chip with all the great videos is coming home! I'm putting the Phantom and all my accessories on Ebay and getting the Tali, which is on sale right now. P2V+ you were a great girlfriend and gave me a lot of pleasure, but I met another woman. Good luck with your new owner.

'

Great story...glad you are getting your Phantom back. You may want to do a little research on that Tali. It is having some serious issues from what I've been reading.

I've owned numerous models of helis and quads from walkera and it is definitely decent quality product, but I will tell you that nothing I've owned from walkera is built as well as the Phantom. The durability and versatility exceed the walkera line up. I have not owned the TALI but I would be cautious because I had done a lot of comparisons of the TALI VS PV2+. If your sure that your done with Dji products, then I would look into steadidrone.com or the matrix drone. Sorry you have had such bad experiences with your PV2+ :|

Hovtech said:
I've had incredible Phantom lost recovery stories, but this beats all. I was in the Rocky Mountains filming http://youtu.be/bHKL73zhAg4
After 3 days of filming, I watch in terror as my Phantom stops responding while over Grand Lake in Colorado and just sinks into the lake no matter how hard I tried to revive the throttle. It was about 200 feet from shore. The water is clear. I attempt to jump into the water, as I'm in my bathing suit. The water is soooo cold I last about 5 seconds. We rented a kayak and tried our best to find it, but no luck. Another Phantom bites the dust. I was more upset about losing the days filming that losing the Phantom (I knew that was inevitable, some sooner, some later). Well I continued my vacation a little sadder, but I knew this meant I could get the Tali H500, so I wasn't real sad. I figured I'd sell all the rest of the Phantom gear on ebay and get something back. This was last Wednesday. We head back to Chicago. Today at lunch my phone rings and a guy says to me, "Did you lose a drone"!!! OMG!!! How do you have it? "I was paddleboarding on the lake and I saw it on the bottom of the lake. I went and got my scuba gear and I came back and got it. It was about 30 feet down" OMG! How much would you charge me to pack it in a box and send it to me? "Is $50 too much?" I Paypal'd him $80 to include postage and he sent me a tracking number in 30 minutes. My Phantom is coming home, but more importantly the SD chip with all the great videos is coming home! I'm putting the Phantom and all my accessories on Ebay and getting the Tali, which is on sale right now. P2V+ you were a great girlfriend and gave me a lot of pleasure, but I met another woman. Good luck with your new owner.

'

i thought about the tali as well, but cant justify that kind of money for the crappy gimbal stabilization i have seen. camera looks good, though..

case and point

color and image quality is pretty **** good..that stabilization?? eh.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqEwTsV4BqQ[/youtube]

jasonb777 said:
I've owned numerous models of helis and quads from walkera and it is definitely decent quality product, but I will tell you that nothing I've owned from walkera is built as well as the Phantom. The durability and versatility exceed the walkera line up. I have not owned the TALI but I would be cautious because I had done a lot of comparisons of the TALI VS PV2+. If your sure that your done with Dji products, then I would look into steadidrone.com or the matrix drone. Sorry you have had such bad experiences with your PV2+ :|

Wow! Thanks for that link.

if the PV2+ had the tali's camera quality with the PV2+'s gimbal, that would be a perfect match..

someone tell the tali owner it has retractable UC.

i don't mind the noise at all, you can hear for problems as well as see them maybe?? it won't affect posting video as the sound will be edited anyway, and you just might hear the voice of anyone who runs off with after it crashes. :)

Did you determin what caused the failure? How far was it from you and what mode were you flying?

Rocky mountains is a National Park, and drones are not permitted to be launched and operated from or in the National Park.

Foosy said:
Rocky mountains is a National Park, and drones are not permitted to be launched and operated from or in the National Park.

Rocky mountains is Rocky mountains every time I fly I'm in the Rockies he didn't say he was in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park
For what it's worth I'm from Colorado and the thrust boosted props have helped a lot in the higher elevation.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410030366905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410030366905.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 409

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl