The most gimbal-friendly ND filter

Reaction score
I have one and yes, it's optically excellent. Too heavy for the Zenmuse though :(

Nice, thanks for sharing that. I think I'll give that one a try. I've been getting by with an adapter and standard 37mm filters, but this looks like it'll be lighter. My gimbal (CM2000) hasn't had a problem with it, but I'd still like to trim the bulk of that if possible. Haven't tested my adapter/filters in wide yet either, it's possible they may not work for that.

After looking around for a while, I decided to order the Polar Pro ND the other day. If it causes an issue with the H3-2D, I will counter balance it. From what I understand, it's only about 5.5 grams.

esagehe3.jpg

Sent from my S4

I'm using the polar filter and a GoPro 3 Black with modified RageCam lens and it works fine on my Zenmuse, Phantom 2 version. The only thing I haven't tried yet is very high speed turns. But normal flying it doesn't seem to load it down at all. No overheating or weird noises from the gimbal.

Hi Jdacal
can you upload any phto of your nd on the camera and zenmuse? I want to buy one but i am afraid the weight and if this will cause problem to the zenmuse
Thank you

I've been using the Polar Pro ND filter for about 6 months and it is doing the job.It eliminates the prop shadows pretty well.
The glass quality is not the greatest and it tends to add a kind of smokey look to my footage but that can be fixed in post with some contrast adjustment.
The one thing I would suggest to anyone using it is to get a rubber O ring to put on the back of the filter to block the three slots in it.If you don't they will let light in behind the filter an cause some bad reflections.
The O ring should be 26mm inside diameter and 2mm thick to do the job.

BTW I'm using it on the Arris CM2000 gimbal and it is not to heavy for it in normal flying but if you hook into a tight turn at speed it can upset the gimbal for a couple of seconds but when flying to capture good steady video your not going to be pushing that hard anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj