The most daring Phantom videos?

I flew through fireworks...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey great video I have one question on the video I see the phantom has something that looks like a wire or a string going around it. What is the purpose of it?

you might want to watch this video

This should be posted whenever anyone starts going on about prop guards reducing control, etc.

Hey great video I have one question on the video I see the phantom has something that looks like a wire or a string going around it. What is the purpose of it?
Not sure what you're talking about. Mine doesn't have anything around it. Did you quote the right post?

Hi all!

I am new to this whole drone thing and Phantom 3 is my first one ever. While eagerly waiting it to ship I've been searching some Phantom/drone videos. 90% of the drone videos seem to be just basic aerial stuff. What I am looking for is the most daring and adventurous drone videos out there?
So, if you know any video you think is daring and adventurous what comes to flying and controlling Phantom or any other drone, please share the link.

Thank you!

-Skyy
Hi:

Just a piece of advice, if this is your first quadcopter, start by getting well familiar with the control features in your remote control such as the radar and return to home. You will find yourself flying your Phantom to a distance that you cannot see it and you will depend on them to get it back home in one piece. Practice flying it just based on your control displays only and getting it back close to you before flying it beyond eye sight. In my opinion, it is more important to learn this before starting to get close to objects or structures either for photography or just plain fun. I understand the Phantom 3 has even more range than the previous Phantom 2 Vision Plus so it is even more important to learn this with the new Phantom version. Here is a video I recently took over the ocean which is posted in Youtube. Enjoy your new Phantom !

Reactions: Skyy
Hi:

Just a piece of advice, if this is your first quadcopter, start by getting well familiar with the control features in your remote control such as the radar and return to home. You will find yourself flying your Phantom to a distance that you cannot see it and you will depend on them to get it back home in one piece. Practice flying it just based on your control displays only and getting it back close to you before flying it beyond eye sight. In my opinion, it is more important to learn this before starting to get close to objects or structures either for photography or just plain fun. I understand the Phantom 3 has even more range than the previous Phantom 2 Vision Plus so it is even more important to learn this with the new Phantom version. Here is a video I recently took over the ocean which is posted in Youtube. Enjoy your new Phantom !

+1
Great advice!

Hi:

Thank you for this advice! You are right, this will be my first quadcopter and I do intend to learn my Phantom fully before doing anything daring or crazy with it. I mainly started this thread because I am interested to see what the Phantom or other drones can do in good hands.
Good looking footage you've shot! I am sure I will enjoy the Phantom! Thank you!

Last edited:
Ah just fly her like you stole her!

That's a great approach Mal - I had been flying my +V3 like there was a baby attached to it so I got a +V2 with no camera so I can fly it like it's *** is on fire. With my P3P, I am going to be more adventurous because for some unfounded reason, I think it is going to be much more dependable...

Just don't cry when you crash and you'll be fine. These things were meant to fly. Take it easy at first but don't wrap her up in cotton wool for too long, that's coming from someone who's phantom is still in a bag of rice for the last few days after trying to fly it under a very low bridge over salt water ;)

Threading the needle is fun (P2 Vision):

This was done before drones were regulated in my country. I do love "Citizen Kane" but I will openly admit that flying like that was pretty pointless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers