The moment Your realize you left your SD card at home

Reaction score
That is exactly what happen to me today. I didn't start work til later so whats better then taking your phantom out for a spin in the morning, drive 2 h to a nice location only to find out that you have left your SD card at home :(
Oh well was still and awesome time flying the quad, i will just have to come back another day to get the footage :)

Any one else have a similar experience ? and what did you do so it doesn't happen again :)

I always keep one up the spout. Everytime I take one out, I bang a clean one in. That way it's always ready to go.

NOTE: Don't forget a battery , or you really are buggered. :eek:

Done that more times than I can count. I now have a camera bag with X5 lenses, GH4, etc and multiple cards that goes with me at all times.

This is back in early 2015 before I got my P3P. After spending a couple weeks practicing with my P2 in a huge open field I packed everything up in my new GPC backpack and hiked up a couple hours into the mountains in Colorado outside Vail.

-No Memory Card Error-

Crap! Oh well I just enjoyed the scenery and practiced in this new location. Upon returning I immediately put a spare micro Sd card in my case for future adventures (since I had left my card in my computer after uploading footage from the day before). Now I always check that there is a card in the Phantom as well as a spare as part of my pre pre-flight checklist!

This is back in early 2015 before I got my P3P. After spending a couple weeks practicing with my P2 in a huge open field I packed everything up in my new GPC backpack and hiked up a couple hours into the mountains in Colorado outside Vail.

-No Memory Card Error-

Crap! Oh well I just enjoyed the scenery and practiced in this new location. Upon returning I immediately put a spare micro Sd card in my case for future adventures (since I had left my card in my computer after uploading footage from the day before). Now I always check that there is a card in the Phantom as well as a spare as part of my pre pre-flight checklist!
wow. i can already imaging the: finally made it, launch the drone, hit the record button and.... oh crap.

i am going Fossicking in a few weeks and i am taking my phantom with me and it will be a long drive plus lots of hiking so i am thinking about writing a check list before i go just in case.

I always keep one up the spout. Everytime I take one out, I bang a clean one in. That way it's always ready to go.

That is actually a really good idea. mite even just keep one spare in my wallet and one in my car for backup :)

I keep a few spares in the flight case. This is for multiple reasons:

A) Easy to forget one in the laptop instead of putting it back into the aircraft.
B) You never know when one may fail in the field.
C) When flying SAR we fly a mission, give the SD card to the IMT and fly another mission while they are processing the previous card data.
D) Did I mention the possibility of showing up on the job without an SD card in the aircraft?

Reactions: DCE and Nighthawk
My apology.

Search and Rescue
Incident Management Team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgetting the card sounds better than forgetting to start recording two flights in a row! Can you say dumb a__?

Never take the card out. After a flight I just plug in the usb cable to download the movies/pictures. Too much work to take the small card out, put it in an adaptor, then in the side of my iMac, just under the cd slot where one time a card fell in by mistake...

"one up the spout"? that must be Welsh thing. One in the chamber, one in the pipe (same as chamber) I have heard of, but a spout? :)

Reactions: Zerone
Yes. But, after a bit I remembered that my phone has a micro SD card in it. It worked fine in the P3.

-- Roger

It was a rare sunny day here in the rainy Pacific Northwest. I drove for a hour, then hiked 30 minutes to a secluded bay (Nature Conservancy Land). I waited 30 minutes for a few people to leave, so as not to disturb the peace. Started the quad- no micro SD!
Wait... I have a back up tablet that has a micro SD card in it with me! I look and it is also missing the SD card, I had taken it out the day before and put it in my gopro to take sledding. Tail between my legs I hike back to the car.

I, too, have forgotten the SD card at home. After that I purchased a few extras to always leave in the case.

The worst was when I left my iPad Air at home...

Yep, I did the same on Sunday. Luckily I was only half an hour from home so I went back to get it and managed to get back to the spot for a half decent sunset. This is my first ever flight and video (which I nearly didn't get)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic