The Mod for 7th channel

Reaction score
Last I looked it has been almost two months since any discussion on DJI's next software update that was going to turn on the 7th channel for camera movement. It looked like this was going to happen, so that brings up a question.
This is for the mod experts. If the mod of the linear pot and wires to the mini pot on the board in the controller was done now waiting for that new software, cause any problems now? Since the 7th is not "on", I would think it would not cause any problem. That way, one would be ready when it gets turned on.(if it does)

Happyflyer said:
Last I looked it has been almost two months since any discussion on DJI's next software update that was going to turn on the 7th channel for camera movement. It looked like this was going to happen, so that brings up a question.
This is for the mod experts. If the mod of the linear pot and wires to the mini pot on the board in the controller was done now waiting for that new software, cause any problems now? Since the 7th is not "on", I would think it would not cause any problem. That way, one would be ready when it gets turned on.(if it does)

If done correctly it should pose no problem at all. All you do is move the position of an existing potentiometer.

I sort of thought so too.

Good to know. All we can do is hope.
I am surprised there isn't someone out there that is a smart "hacker" that can make changes to DJI's software/firmware and make things like this work once again. Just look at what those people can do on making changes to cell phones.

Update on my question to DJI on the 7th channel:
"Dear Robert Thomas"(not me, my cat)

"Currently we have not got any news on new releases.
Please follow our official website for updates.

Tech support [email protected]"

Not the answer I wanted but at least they did answer my Email.
Better than some companies....

Geert said:
Well it is coming !
At least for the P2V+

See : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27729#p254775

Geert./.

Ahhh... The DJI P2V... The forgotten platform. Pump it out there, make a butt load of money, introduce the +, drop the price $400 just to pour a little vinegar in all of the small wounds caused by beta testing. And finally... pretty much abandon the platform as far as any P2V specific fixes/upgrades are concerned... :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's how biz is conducted in Shenzhen folks... :D

Geert said:
Well, there is still a chance it will work for P2V but it is not confirmed.
Lets hope and wait ... :p

Geert./.
:? http://dronexpert.nl/shop/
Extrapolating from here...does not look promising for vision owners.

Fplvert said:
???? Unless I missed something at that link, what did it have to do with the 7th channel?

Happyflyer said:
Fplvert said:
???? Unless I missed something at that link, what did it have to do with the 7th channel?
I have the DE channel 7 feature on my P2V and P2V+ and it works great. :D
It looks like the one for the plus is no longer available due to the expected software update.
:roll: It looks like they are still making the DE channel 7 feature for the Vision.

OK, got that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31