The legs are in the way every shot.

Reaction score
Every time I turn, the gimble turns far enough to capture the legs in every shot. What the hell? Anyone found a decent remedy? I'm about to just take the legs off, but isn't that where the compass is?

Also avoiding the props in the view too. I'd like to extend the base to have a mount below the landing gear and just land in my hands or something because this is really agrivating me for an expensive machine.

adamgoodsell46 said:
Every time I turn, the gimble turns far enough to capture the legs in every shot. What the hell? Anyone found a decent remedy? I'm about to just take the legs off, but isn't that where the compass is?

Also avoiding the props in the view too. I'd like to extend the base to have a mount below the landing gear and just land in my hands or something because this is really agrivating me for an expensive machine.

Problem solved:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tall-Landing-Sk ... 417d070fc6

Or...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Landing-S ... 3f3204944f

Fdnyfish said:
Hope you didn't already have a $200 Phantom case

No. Who buys a $200 case when there are cases on ebay for $60? That's just a total waste of money in my point of view. I understand if you need a Peli case for $200 if you are planning a trip to the moon or something, but to protect a little phantom with some accessories it's just silly...

I travel around the world quite a bit. a $2,000 piece of equipment is way to much to just throw in a crappy case. There is always the possibility that an airline will ask me to gate check my bags so some moron is throwing this **** all over the place. $200 is just 10% of my investment. I always protect my investments and I find that it is usually the case that if you buy something from ebay you may save but there is always the risk of a counterfeit or a substandard piece of crap. Maybe for some people who travel maybe once a year... but for someone like myself that may travel halfway around the world every quarter or at least domestic USA every other month... I do notice a difference in quality.

You should know this too because otherwise you would have bought the Hubsan or Walkera or whatever instead of the DJI Phantom.

I have a case on order that accommodates my extended legs. And I didn't buy from ebay or china. I buy from a domestic dealer that can guarantee my purchase.

adamgoodsell46 said:

I have never had this problem and I've flown dozens of flights with my H3-3D. What angle setting is your gopro on?

point straight down and go on wide. now bank left and right and you'll get the legs.

d4ddyo said:
point straight down and go on wide. now bank left and right and you'll get the legs.

I've never shot on wide... Don't like the rounded horizon look. Always medium or narrow. That explains that...

even on medium. if you move bank left and right sharply enough you will get the legs. on medium point straight forward and accelerate faster so it tilts and you get props.

You probably are very deliberate flyer... that's why

d4ddyo said:
even on medium. if you move bank left and right sharply enough you will get the legs. on medium point straight forward and accelerate faster so it tilts and you get props.

You probably are very deliberate flyer... that's why

Yes, that I am. :) Like to keep things in control at all times...

hmm, im also getting legs in the video, of course it was a bit windy and I just took out the phantom for a flight but kinda annoying..

And I'm assuming you have all upgraded the firmware to 1.0.0.6 for the Zenmuse which is specifically designed to address this issue yes?

The Editor said:
And I'm assuming you have all upgraded the firmware to 1.0.0.6 for the Zenmuse which is specifically designed to address this issue yes?

Same here, everything is updated, I don't know what 1.0.6 was suppose to do but the shots look the same. I catch a little of the leg/compass

FASTFJR said:
The Editor said:

Same here, everything is updated, I don't know what 1.0.6 was suppose to do but the shots look the same. I catch a little of the leg/compass

"Zenmuse H3-3D
Product Release Notes
©2014
DJI Innovations. All Rights Reserved.
Date:2014/04/17
H3-3D Firmware Version: 1.0.0.6
H3-3D User Manual Version: 1.00

Improvement:
Optimized yaw tracking movement of the H3-3D gimbal.
Gimbal yaw movement synchronizes with Phantom 2, which reduces the chance of capturing the landing skids
in the picture or video."

I'm getting the left leg and both props in the video shots. I have the tall landing skis and shoot at 2.7k Medium Fov.
I'm wondering if adjusting the Gimbal limits in the software would eliminate those?

Also, devreasing the Tilt gain to 10 does give slower and smoother tilts but does that also affect the Gimbals response to stabilize during flight?

Engan01 said:
adamgoodsell46 said:

Problem solved:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tall-Landing-Sk ... 417d070fc6

Or...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Landing-S ... 3f3204944f

NEW PROBLEM
the craft is going to be nose and a$$ heavy like a moro... especially with a higher center of gravity now. :shock:

Hi

There is a more simple way out... Depending what gopro u are using - I use a Hero 2 - 1080 25.... Go to settings and adjust you width to MEDIUM - On the Hero 2 you get WIDE - MEDIUM and NARROW

WIDE you will get the legs in - In MEDIUM you wont no matter what you do

If youre using a HERO 3 WHITE - You stuck in wide - You can't adjust
On the SIlver and Black you can' adjust the 1080 to W , M or N
On the black you can adjust the 720 the same - But thats only on the Black

No need for wider legs unless u specifically need to shoot - SUPER WIDE

Hope it helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member