The latest regarding range and battery problems

wow that is interesting

Big time. And kudos for guys like drone speed. Cause I tell you, other than stress cracks, the phantom 3 delivered and even over delivered on specifications. But as a phantom 4 owner, in spite of loving the craft, I'm pretty pissed about the range. I had the FPV start blacking out today at 800 meters! In the same area my phantom 3 can go 2000 meters without a *****. Nah, DJI has to fess up on this.

they never will I think everyone should just return them that would make a statment

wow surprised if that is true there isn't a class action lawsuit started yet

Interesting read. Here's my observational opinions

The reduced power output of the transmitter may be a result of FCC regulations and licensing. -- someone complained... doubt it was the FAA.

DJI may have planned for longer flight times, but overheating of the craft resulted in installation of a cooling fan and spacing between battery cells. The processors generate a lot of heat.

Lightbridge power consumption may have been toned down to maintain decent flight times.

I don't think Apple can sustain a crazy amount of returns, but I'm willing to bet that most of the returns are from prior P3 owners vs those that are new to the craft/hobby.

Solution- P3 performance in a P4 body. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't buy into hype of p4 since I cant use same battery's

I have a standard just bought a advance was told mind will be blown on the difference between them

These guys at DJI went about it the complete wrong way. They should have built on this much stronger shell, same speed specs but none of the sensor junk. Same spec lightbridge. Two days ago I tried using object tracking to film my dog playing with his buddy. I spent more time tapping that screen then actually filming. It's a gimmick that should have been left for a phantom 4 professional after more months of testing. Anyway, without the sensor junk, everybody's happy. More speed, same camera we are all used to, no more stress cracks and the great range that brings us back to DJI. But nah, instead they try to build an Apple Lisa that, from the looks of it, might be their biggest source of complaints ever. And this is at week 1!

I agree with you when I heard it would have longer flight time then seen 28 min but really it never is thought they could of got 40 min somehow

got a advance coming in 2 days bought it from someone on here has dbs mod was told I will never want to fly my standard again after flying it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl