THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3

Snerd

Take a look at this one-- I put Msinger's Tutorial on Waypoints in Power Point for anyone who wants a printed manual for the field on their tablet or phone for reference.

HOW TO: Setup and use Waypoints

thanks a lot for this info, I have not got my P3A yet so the guide is very helpful. question for you whats the CSC mode you should not do while flying or it will drop like a brick.

The CSC is not a mode, it's the way to start your motors. Just don't use it while in the air otherwise it's bye bye birdy :oops:

Look at the attached image.

Attachments

• CSC.jpg
    CSC.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 351
All of Msinger's tutorials have already been added to the guide. Great work Msinger!!!
You are doing some great work on that Guide!-- has DJI contacted you to pay you for your work.;);)

Need your help here... :confused:

Can anyone confirm the following:
"Auto return to home for loss of signal is disabled in the autonomous flight modes."

If that's true, it can be potentially disastrous.

Need your help here... :confused:

Can anyone confirm the following:
"Auto return to home for loss of signal is disabled in the autonomous flight modes."

If that's true, it can be potentially disastrous.

That is a great question-- where does that appear in the descriptions or specs on the app?

That is a great question-- where does that appear in the descriptions or specs on the app?

Someone just sent me an email with that info and I think I saw the same in a couple of places.
I just want to make sure it's NOT true.

If it is and you power off the controller, then it should default to RTH?? Maybe have to test in the field with the Phantom in with sight and with signal. Going out tomorrow to spend some time testing the new App and Firmware. I will put that on my list.

If it is and you power off the controller, then it should default to RTH?? Maybe have to test in the field with the Phantom in with sight and with signal. Going out tomorrow to spend some time testing the new App and Firmware. I will put that on my list.
Good Morn Bob, Thank You for helping with the upgrade. It's all up to date. I'll be fine tuning some settings and getting more familiar with my P3A. Reading the manual again and going thru Msinger's guide lines, (what a fine job he has done!). I hope to get her up soon.
Thanks again for your expertise and time. Al T

Reactions: bobmyers
Someone just sent me an email with that info and I think I saw the same in a couple of places.
I just want to make sure it's NOT true.

The screen that pops up when you accept the mission tells you how RTH is initiated and it's not by loss of controller signal. It's low battery return to home. If you've got that set so you have enough power to get home there shouldn't be a problem
upload_2015-9-12_14-47-47.jpeg

In this screen that pops up when you start a waypoint mission. It explicitly states, "The mission will continue even if the RC signal is lost". I take both these to mean that auto RTH due to loss of controller signal is disabled.

upload_2015-9-12_14-55-5.png

It's possible to plan missions in waypoints and POI where the bird is out of LOS of the controller. If that's what you want then you wouldn't want the mission interrupted by the triggering of auto RTH due to loss of controller signal. Autonomous means that the bird can fly the mission without any input from you through the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: SENC
The screen that pops up when you accept the mission tells you how RTH is initiated and it's not by loss of controller signal. It's low battery return to home. If you've got that set so you have enough power to get home there shouldn't be a problem
View attachment 30473

In this screen that pops up when you start a waypoint mission. It explicitly states, "The mission will continue even if the RC signal is lost" I take both these to mean that auto RTH due to loss of controller signal is disabled.

View attachment 30475

It's possible to plan missions in waypoints and POI where the bird is out of LOS of the controller. If that's what you want then you wouldn't want the mission interrupted by the triggering of auto RTH due to loss of controller signal. Autonomous means that the bird can fly the mission without any input from you through the controller.
This. In autonomous flight mode you should be able to turn the rc off and have the p3 complete the mission.

There is some question, though, about rth at low battery. Some have suggested it doesn't, but just lands at the critical battery level. This is the functionality with Litchi, but I've not seen it confirmed in DJI Go.

V. Sep-14-2015 is now available.

By popular demand ;), I've added a new section called "What's New" describing the changes made since the initial release. Now it's a LOT easier for you to track the changes between versions.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Attachments

• DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 647
This is what I have been looking for, this is the manual that DJI should have put out. It is puzzling how a company can produce such an exquisitely engineered machine and write such an inadequate manual to go with it!

This must have taken you a lot of time, thank you for making it available.

V. Sep-14-2015 is now available.

By popular demand ;), I've added a new section called "What's New" describing the changes made since the initial release. Now it's a LOT easier for you to track the changes between versions.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.
Please let us donate some $ for you! This is a lifesaver.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20