THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3

Wow! This rocks - just what I was looking for. Thanks for your hard work.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser...one more time. :)

There's a new version update of "THE Help Guide for the Phantom 3" (v. Aug-17-2015) and it's available right NOW.
(I'm beginning to look more and more like Microsoft :lol)

I've completely rewritten the "Disconnected"/"No Signal" Warning and RC Status LED Section.
Now everything is a LOT clearer!
Made a few corrections here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj6qxe0xn96/DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

downloading.
thanks!

Well, after reading some pages. I can tell this is a great guide for every AVS pilot. Thanks for your effort. Congratulations

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that's awesome.

Looks like lots of work. That's so much work I got tiered just looking at all of it. But I think it will make things much easier to find when I need to look something up

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that's awesome.

Looks like lots of work. That's so much work I got tiered just looking at all of it. But I think it will make things much easier to find when I need to look something up

LOTS of work!!
I just hope more people will grab of copy and send me back comments. They will save SO MUCH time instead of searching all over the place for answers that might be already in THE Guide.

Please, share the link. ;)

Reactions: iquadtography
I love your guide. I printed it and it is in my P3 backpack so I always have it when I fly. I'm a newbie so I refer to it frequently.

One thing I looked for and didn't find was info on the different flight modes. I don't really understand the difference.

BTW, does anyone knows how to reach M. Arthur L. Burke?
Because I used 2 of his documents AS IS in the guide and hope he doesn't mind.
I know him and I'd say he is A-OK with it because he let me do so and even wrote some for me and with me - which are also published and distributed. We did, for example, menus for the Pilot App.

Our "hints and tips" which is ongoing and somewhat curated (to make sure there is not a lot of fluff - just info) is at:
http://droneflyers.com/talk/threads/phantom-3-hints-tips-and-fixes.969/

BTW, loved your old guide and always link to them or upload the PDFs you provide for others.

I love your guide. I printed it and it is in my P3 backpack so I always have it when I fly. I'm a newbie so I refer to it frequently.

One thing I looked for and didn't find was info on the different flight modes. I don't really understand the difference.

Right hand (GPS) flight mode uses all available sensors that the Phantom can get a reading from.

Middle ATTI flight mode - (when multiple flight modes is enabled in the app) does away with the GPS - other sensors will still work.

Left is Function - this activates IOC which allows for course lock and other functions (many coming soon).

Most pilots will leave the machine in the GPS (right) mode - but it is important to both understand and practice in ATTI mode for many reasons. For example, if your machine does something really strange like starts to fly away on its own - likely GPS is the culprit! Switching into the middle (A) mode could save the day by doing away with the GPS.

If you want a quick overview of how all the sensors work to keep your phantom flying, check out:
http://mainwww.chiassociatesinc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/flight_controll.jpg?3faf88
and the gimbal
http://www.droneflyers.com/2015/06/understanding-brushless-camera-gimbals/

This is a totally underrated resource. You should have thousands of thank yous for your work. Clearly you are a man with a mission. Keep up the great work, it is appreciated

Well done. Thank you for taking your personal time to improve our flt time. Sir, is this applicable to the P3S? Or A/P only?

Well done. Thank you for taking your personal time to improve our flt time. Sir, is this applicable to the P3S? Or A/P only?

Beside the Remote Control, Lightbridge and a few other items, I think most of the information in this guide apply to the P3S also. Can anyone confirm?

This is a totally underrated resource. You should have thousands of thank yous for your work. Clearly you are a man with a mission. Keep up the great work, it is appreciated

I know it's a bit underrated, this should be a sticky by now :(

My mission is to help both beginners AND experts alike make the best/safest use of their aircraft.

Your mission is to spread the news everywhere you can.
EVERY Phantom owners should read this Help Guide at least once if not twice and again...

Look at the Flight Modes Section (under Checklists). This should help you understand how they all work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers