The Greatest Place on Earth

Reaction score
Just returned from the greatest place on earth if you're in to RC anything. The Triple Tree Aerodrome, home of the Joe Nall RC Fly In.
10,000 people, 5000 aircraft of all shapes and sizes, and the most friendly people you will ever meet.
Here is a shot from 1640' above the airfield. One of the only places you can fly above 400' without worry, as long as you have a spotter. The airport is closed for the 10 days of the event. 6 flight lines and 400 acres of sheer RC bliss. That runway and 5 of the flightlines is the nicest Tifway 412 you will ever set foot on. Taken with my P3 Pro.

SD
Joe Nall Aerial.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert and Reed L
Very Nice Shot! Looks like a fun time!

That's what I like to see... Awesome aerial drone view of the whole area. Sweet.
Love to see some video of the event.

RedHotPoker

That's what I like to see... Awesome aerial drone view of the whole area. Sweet.
Love to see some video of the event.

RedHotPoker
RHP, here are a few links to some video.

One of the sponsored pilots had the aerobatic drone you have. He would flip it over and mow the lawn with it, then flip it again and touch the skids. These guys are pros, and are sponsored by the big manufacturers. It was a great time, and there is something for everyone at Triple Tree. A heli flight line, an FPV course, a main flight line, float line, 2 electric lines, a 3D line, and even control line circles. I never realized control line was popular still, but it is.

I met a guy who travelled all the way from Vancouver, BC. That's a long way to go, but well worth it.

SD

That looks like it was a sick event. Plenty to see and enjoy for everybody. Especially for the new folks & youngsters just getting into this "Circus"!! Yes, Watching someone like Matt, with ultimate skill and control, going through the maneuvers & moves with those 3D quads is really spectacular.
No holding back.

It's hard to imagine where this hobby and sport could be in a few more years. Technology and the digital age has given RCing such marvelous models already, it's a whole new era... Haha
Thanks for the links and positive description.
Are you guys beginning to see more ladies flying CP 3D heli's?
Definitely some very talented pilots out there...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie