The Gimbal starts up, but the camera is not level

Turn the Vision upside down, and you will see it. Its in the corner of the control board, in a little recess of the gimbal. Its about 3mm across.

eCq74aP.jpg

err, I don think so because the circuit board configuration you posted is different as the phantom 2 vision + gimbal control circuit board

If you have the Vision Plus with the built in gimbal and camera you need to be looking at a different set if specs. You don't have the rotopixel gimbel. You have the DJI and you need to look at videos on the Phantom 2 vision + gimbal. They will show you how to adjust the potentiometer to level the camera.

Hi, I can't find it related video online

There is potentiometer attach to the circuit board ?

Yest the potentiometer is on each circuit board and is where the shaft flat side is set for level. Go to you tube and do a search on Phantom 2 vision plus gimbel repair and you will get dozens of videos. They are helpful.

Yest the potentiometer is on each circuit board and is where the shaft flat side is set for level. Go to you tube and do a search on Phantom 2 vision plus gimbel repair and you will get dozens of videos. They are helpful.
I know the shaft flat side have to be horizontal with the camera (the camera must be in horizontal position too)
But the problem (camera not level) always come back again and again.

That may be an indication the the pressed on shaft has rounded out some or become loose. If it keeps reoccurring that is what I would suspect. There are videos on you tube that show repairs being made and some use locative epoxy to lock the shaft back in. You may or may not want to go that route. Their is one guy I know that makes the shafts if yours is broken. But that will not fix one that is rounded out. It seems that the weakest part of the quad is the gimbel unit and also the most expensive. Hope the epoxy does the trick for you.

That may be an indication the the pressed on shaft has rounded out some or become loose. If it keeps reoccurring that is what I would suspect. There are videos on you tube that show repairs being made and some use locative epoxy to lock the shaft back in. You may or may not want to go that route. Their is one guy I know that makes the shafts if yours is broken. But that will not fix one that is rounded out. It seems that the weakest part of the quad is the gimbel unit and also the most expensive. Hope the epoxy does the trick for you.

what do you mean by "the presses on shaft "?
apply epoxy to lock the shaft back ?
is the place to apply the epoxy is where the red arrow pointing ? (see the attached picture)

Attachments

• qwqwqw.PNG
    qwqwqw.PNG
    386.7 KB · Views: 518
It's my understanding that the IMU calibration determines the horizon and if it is off, the flight path and camera level could be affected.

Open Phantom assist on your computer, connect usb cable from computer to phantom and power on. Select tools in the assist program. You should now be on the IMU calibration page. Wait for a status ready to appear then click "check IMU status," it will tell you if calibration is needed, and walk you through the process if it does.

Open Phantom assist on your computer, connect usb cable from computer to phantom and power on. Select tools in the assist program. You should now be on the IMU calibration page. Wait for a status ready to appear then click "check IMU status," it will tell you if calibration is needed, and walk you through the process if it does.
Hi,

if I do what u said , do I still need to use epoxy to glue the shaft ?
I don't think the epoxy method works

If recalibrating the IMU doesn't work, it's likely that the flat section of the roll shaft isn't perfectly aligned with the camera. This is what others were talking about when they mentioned epoxy.

The potentiometer on the roll motor board "thinks" that horizontal is when the flat spot on the shaft is pointing directly up. If the camera/pitch motor housing assembly have twisted slightly on the shaft, the camera won't be level when the flat spot is level. You need to access the roll motor board and take it off the shaft enough that you can turn the shaft while holding the camera/pitch motor assembly until the camera is perfectly level with the flat spot on the shaft. Then, on the very end of the shaft where it is pressed into the windings cover, put a very small drop of super glue or epoxy into the hole.

This video --
--- shows what I'm talking about as far as lining up the camera and shaft goes, although it doesn't address the glue or epoxy.

If recalibrating the IMU doesn't work, it's likely that the flat section of the roll shaft isn't perfectly aligned with the camera. This is what others were talking about when they mentioned epoxy.

The potentiometer on the roll motor board "thinks" that horizontal is when the flat spot on the shaft is pointing directly up. If the camera/pitch motor housing assembly have twisted slightly on the shaft, the camera won't be level when the flat spot is level. You need to access the roll motor board and take it off the shaft enough that you can turn the shaft while holding the camera/pitch motor assembly until the camera is perfectly level with the flat spot on the shaft. Then, on the very end of the shaft where it is pressed into the windings cover, put a very small drop of super glue or epoxy into the hole.

This video --
--- shows what I'm talking about as far as lining up the camera and shaft goes, although it doesn't address the glue or epoxy.

I used locktite 290 green threadlocker on mine about 2 months back.. it self wicks into the shaft

level so far!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1