The Gimbal Shake Problem is REAL!

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Gimbal Shake problem has struck me as well. Is everyone sending their birds back to DJI for resolution? Or, have people been able to resolve the issues on their own?

I really hate to be without my P3P during the upcoming holiday season. On the other hand, its not good to me in this condition other than for shooting images I guess. I really need stable video.

FYI, I'm running current firmware on Bird and RC. I have done IMU Calibrations and Gimbal Calibrations. No Luck.

Here is a video of the problem. I initially thought it was wind causing the camera shake. However, now I see it's in all of my videos. I have never crashed this drone.

First question I would address is... are the props all perfectly balanced, or are they as is from the manufacturer? annnnd.... have you ever had stable video, or has this always been the case for you?

I have had this bird since July. this problem just started recently. I am still using the factory props. I will try the second set and see if they make a difference. I have never balanced my props... Not on my phantom 2 Vision Plus 3.0 nor my phantom three professional

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Is the hex tightened on the gimble? Mine came loose and, once tightened, it stopped shaking.
I will check the gimbal as well this evening
First question I would address is... are the props all perfectly balanced, or are they as is from the manufacturer? annnnd.... have you ever had stable video, or has this always been the case for you?

I just completed a test flight using the second set of props that came with my P3P.

From what I could see, there was no gimbal shake or camera shake. I'm going to look at the video later tonight after the games go off.

So, it's beginning to look like it may be a prop issue. To the eye, the first set looks fine. Maybe they have reached the end of the line.

I will report back after observing the video.

I just completed a test flight using the second set of props that came with my P3P.

From what I could see, there was no gimbal shake or camera shake. I'm going to look at the video later tonight after the games go off.

So, it's beginning to look like it may be a prop issue. To the eye, the first set looks fine. Maybe they have reached the end of the line.

I will report back after observing the video.

Oh great! Well, the good news is you've narrowed it down to a prop issue... please keep us posted! btw, a Du-bro balancer is under $20.00 if you're interested in looking that up :)

I'm not totally convinced it was a prop issue. I looked at the videos last night from the test flight.

There were one or two spots where I a quick shake that was probably only noticeable to me because I was paying close attention. Nothing violent like my video above though. (It may have been video stutter from running a 4k file in my laptop).

Besides replacing the props, I did give the gimbal a nice walk-through and twisted the camera by hand in all directions. Maybe it was the massaging of the gimbal that did the trick. If that is the case, I'm going to say my fix is probably temporary.

I will conduct more test today.

I really want to avoid having to send in for warranty repair during the upcoming holiday season. If it can hold up to the cold season I will be happy.

Reactions: Reed L
I'm not totally convinced it was a prop issue. I looked at the videos last night from the test flight.

There were one or two spots where I a quick shake that was probably only noticeable to me because I was paying close attention. Nothing violent like my video above though. (It may have been video stutter from running a 4k file in my laptop).

Besides replacing the props, I did give the gimbal a nice walk-through and twisted the camera by hand in all directions. Maybe it was the massaging of the gimbal that did the trick. If that is the case, I'm going to say my fix is probably temporary.

I will conduct more test today.

I really want to avoid having to send in for warranty repair during the upcoming holiday season. If it can hold up to the cold season I will be happy.

Thanks for the update, please keep us all posted... if there is some "snug-up" to do with the camera apparatus it's worth knowing about :)

Indeed it´s hard to tell the cause by watching the video. Looks like wind but it shouldn´t unless it´s really strong. All the other movements seem OK too.

Check the vibration dampers on your gimbal support. Take them all out and verify their condition. Even in normal use they develop little holes after a while, usually close to the upper and/or lower support (inside where they make contact with the supports) and lose a little efficiency and induce vibration. That´s why DJI provides a second set with the P3. I switched mine every once in a while to make sure it´s perfect. I´m currently testing the BTG ones, those are firmerand sturdier than DJI´s but I get a little vibration when wind picks up. It´s rare but so far I still prefer DJI´s.

That's not a prop issue or dampener issue (unless the mount is actually broken). That is a gimbal issue.
I think you're right. It's not a prop issue. I put her in the sky again today and saw shaking. While not as aggressive as the video above, it does appear here and there.

For what it's worth, here is some footage shot yesterday after changing props.

I'm baffled how it could go from the video in original post to this one. And then, today, I see more shake than this video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20