The gimbal roll issue: my video

annoying for sure...

Try calibrating your Remote sticks. Especially the one you use for yaw.

it's the gimbal, not the sticks

Reactions: StevenQX
I'm having this same issue. It's getting irritating.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Would you try this? Maybe work also for P4

Tilted horizon fixed? (test are welcome)
Guys, don't, don't do this. It's a software to hardware coding issue. It's been well documented that chilling IC boards is a sure way to enhance wear and certainly one of the hardest thing to do too an electronic device.
For those who don't know, MSinger is the one who "schooled" my in this issue, I then did some of my own investigating. The "cooled" BS all came about for the original Inspire where-as the company wrote in an addendum then put into the manual, that to fix IMU problems, or to get the best calibration, first you should leave copter in a cool dry place 1/2hr or whatever it was before doing a calibration.
Of course phantom guys being the most **** bunch of hobbyist ever, a couple guys took it further and actually chilled their units, this isn't anywhere in the Manual to actually chill a bird, I'm certain they are against this.
People that have been going thru this thru 3 craft (all late model phantoms for me) and others going back multiple platforms, I can guarantee this is almost always a fluke, luck, coincidence but in the end, that's all it ends up being. The gimbals even in the P3 are quite capable and the P4 has the legs to be exceptional, as far as what they CAN do, if indeed DJI would just fix the software.

My first and only video of a Typhoon H had a tilted horizon, lol. I think it's not a small task to make this truly perfect, or hell I'll settle for acceptable, that's why it isn't fixed yet, and why even the brand new 6 rotor (that touts how it doesn't need to tilt like a 4 bladed copter so it's more stable) has tilted horizon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20