The final result - filming, editing and viewing video.

Reaction score
Okay, as the title suggests, I am looking for a little help and advice from the (much) better informed here regarding the filming, home viewing and possible sharing of my efforts.

So far, I have only viewed the video that I have recorded on my computer. But with the much better imagery that the P3 Advanced now offers, I would much rather see what I have filmed on the big screen, that being my Panasonic HD TV.

The Panasonic has a card reader, but that only allows Jpeg files to be read and displayed, and not video, so I shall have to edit and save my video files to disc and play them through my Sony DVD player.

I have saved and tried to play MP4 files in the past and the player won't read them, so I was wondering what, if any, settings I should be using before I even start filming. I'd hate to take same really nice footage and then find it was unusable.

Does any of the above make any sense?

Nothing fancy, so at this early stage I'm using Windows Movie Maker for editing, and apologise in advance if what is relevant to the P3 has been covered elsewhere.

Well, your first problem is that DVD players don't support HD, at all. So you need to figure out a way to connect something to your tv that supports HD, like a bluray player or a media player (roku, android tv, wd tv, apple tv, etc). Alternatively, if you have an iDevice, just buy a lightning-to-hdmi adapter and plug directly into your tv.

If the WD from Currys can play natively from a USB key that looks a good option. I use an Amazon Fire TV with Kodi which is the best of both worlds for me, I get the Amazon Prime content as I buy too much on Amazon, view Youtube videos and then if I want to view something from the Phantom I pop in to Kodi.

Thanks for the information and links, guys. Much appreciated. There is enough there to get me started.

Note 4 phone. 4k. Lenovo y50 laptop 4k screen. And buying a 4k TV this weekend.

Love 4k refuse to use anything else unless I have too ha.

And I use adobe for all my editing needs

Note 4 isn't 4k. It's 2560x1440

ok. camera shoots in 4k is what I was referring to. and the Note 4 also has a better screen then any other handset

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1