The FBI just visited me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCIS said he had been temporarily assigned to FBI. Yes, I thought it strange, but figured that given the mistakes of FBI in not following up on previous cases in Orlando and San Bernardino, I guess they check everything throughly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Less than an hour ago m doorbell rang. The two men at the door were from the FBI. One was an FBI Agent, the other was NCIS. Both had proper identification, I checked it twice.
They told me first off that I was not in any trouble. Then they asked if I had any intention of harm toward our government.
They said their purpose was to find out if I was the drone pilot that flew over a local military base, or if I knew or any other pilot who might have.
They found my videos on YouTube and knew I flew locally. They were very nice, just trying to clear a complaint made by the Army.

Just had something very similar....

I just had a visit from the FBI for flying my drone over the Delaware River in Philadelphia with Cargo Ships. He asked me a ton of questions most aimed at drone modification, Looked like a preprinted questionnaire. Told me I wasn't in any trouble but is asking I stop flying over ships keyword asking, although they did say he wouldn't have to "bring me in". Consulting with an attorney.

Just had something very similar....

I just had a visit from the FBI for flying my drone over the Delaware River in Philadelphia with Cargo Ships. He asked me a ton of questions most aimed at drone modification, Looked like a preprinted questionnaire. Told me I wasn't in any trouble but is asking I stop flying over ships keyword asking, although they did say he wouldn't have to "bring me in". Consulting with an attorney.

WTF

Yeah...I got word from the local police chief that Homeland Security called him about a year ago then a few months ago he stopped out and said the FBI was calling. First they claimed security issue, then they claimed safety, not it's I'm distracting the boat captains which is [Language Removed]. They come on deck and wave, most of the major companies have written me to use footage which I provide free. Local tug captains and pilots have contacted me, all positive. The area is not a NFZ and I follow all the flying rules. But surely, if they want to charge me with something they can. I recorded the 40 minute interview and after listening back I figured it best to get attorney. They never said DONT FLY, they basically said we are asking you to not distract pilots. That's a gray area of course. But they we dont want to bring you in was an ear opener even though they started with here's my badge you are not in any trouble. They did want a copy of my FAA card and checked the drone for the FAA sticker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...I got word from the local police chief that Homeland Security called him about a year ago then a few months ago he stopped out and said the FBI was calling. First they claimed security issue, then they claimed safety, not it's I'm distracting the boat captains which is ********. They come on deck and wave, most of the major companies have written me to use footage which I provide free. Local tug captains and pilots have contacted me, all positive. The area is not a NFZ and I follow all the flying rules. But surely, if they want to charge me with something they can. I recorded the 40 minute interview and after listening back I figured it best to get attorney. They never said DONT FLY, they basically said we are asking you to not distract pilots. That's a gray area of course. But they we dont want to bring you in was an ear opener even though they started with here's my badge you are not in any trouble. They did want a copy of my FAA card and checked the drone for the FAA sticker...

Sounds like some things I when through. What a waste of time and resources. Did you know the FBI gives bonus when they feel some one did some thing management really likes. One example is setting up the group party. Just every day things they would normally do as part of their job. If you don't believe me ask them. My wife worked with these people, and because of that I had to watch every thing I did. Buy an airplane, next thing you have explain how you paid for it. Bad guys doing bad things, but look at me.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Pretty obvious too..that the feds can track us from u-tube posts / videos..and knock on your door !...I got checked out by a local police man he wanted to know IF i had my faa numbers on the drone yes they were on the bottom of it !....I Think he was more interested in the drone then me..he asked me a lots of regular questions and he was very nice about it all...I Think he's got him one now LOL...i don't fly my drone out of My " visual eye sight range " and " never plan too " ! ...How ever IF i was one that did that...Dang Mann i'd sure not post it on U-Tube !

Sounds like some things I when through. What a waste of time and resources. Did you know the FBI gives bonus when they feel some one did some thing management really likes. One example is setting up the group party. Just every day things they would normally do as part of their job. If you don't believe me ask them. My wife worked with these people, and because of that I had to watch every thing I did. Buy an airplane, next thing you have explain how you paid for it. Bad guys doing bad things, but look at me.
Well the most recent thing is the Florida school shooting. They claimed they couldn't find the shooter when he posted his real name on Youtube but they found me!!!

Pretty obvious too..that the feds can track us from u-tube posts / videos..and knock on your door !...I got checked out by a local police man he wanted to know IF i had my faa numbers on the drone yes they were on the bottom of it !....I Think he was more interested in the drone then me..he asked me a lots of regular questions and he was very nice about it all...I Think he's got him one now LOL...i don't fly my drone out of My " visual eye sight range " and " never plan too " ! ...How ever IF i was one that did that...Dang Mann i'd sure not post it on U-Tube !
Yes that's how they found me. My youtube channel. But as I was saying they claim they couldn't find the Florida shooter from a youtube post..They are too busy bothering law abiding folks.

Reactions: JoeNewbe
Less than an hour ago m doorbell rang. The two men at the door were from the FBI. One was an FBI Agent, the other was NCIS. Both had proper identification, I checked it twice.
They told me first off that I was not in any trouble. Then they asked if I had any intention of harm toward our government.
They said their purpose was to find out if I was the drone pilot that flew over a local military base, or if I knew or any other pilot who might have.
They found my videos on YouTube and knew I flew locally. They were very nice, just trying to clear a complaint made by the Army.

Remember if you do nothing wrong then you have nothing to hide.

Correct but surely they can create charges like Risking a catastrophe - interfering with Marine Traffic etc.
If you do nothing wrong then there is nothing to hide. The burden of proof lies on the accuser. If they want to go further then get the flight logs of the drone.

Last edited:
I stand by my statement, do nothing wrong then there is nothing to hide. The burden of proof lies on the accuser.

Yes, so long as you know you’re doing nothing wrong.
Some may think they know but do they always?

I'm thinking that if NCIS was at your door, one of those cargo ships wasn't just cargo.

What else would it be?

Cargo is a broad term. Anything could be called cargo.

Can you describe any item which could not be termed cargo when transported on a cargo ship, sans the crew or the ship and it’s required equipment itself?

Don't doubt your story--just wondering why NCIS (that's NAVY, not Army) would come--Army has it's own CID. Interesting they checked out your video on YT. Little unnerving, I would think.
I believe they work together more than we think. I was a witness to a Pentagon scandal and delt mostly with NCIS, even though it didn’t directly involve the Navy. FEDs were obviously involved too, but I wasn’t on a first name basis with those folks.

NCIS was not at my door.
@bkushner this post was started by someone else who posted that two agents was at his/her door.... 1 was FBI and 1 was NCIS..... see original post below . . . .

I think we have sufficiently "mingled" this post until it's getting confusing to follow it.

Reactions: N017RW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20