The FAA has won round 2 (apparently)

The FAA and the NTSB are like cousins. I doubt they are ever going to conflict. Some day this issue will make it to a a real court, that's when the fun starts. Appeal boards sanctioned and manned by FAA or NTSB officials are a joke and mean little when it comes down to the law.

I don't think anyone would object to some clear rules so long as they were reasonable. It's the absolutely arbitrary and random nature of the rules that's the worst part.

Under 500 feet is reckless. Over 400 feet is illegal. Yeesh the US can be a crazy country sometimes.

Maybe if somebody were to strap a gun on a drone they could claim it was protected by the 2nd amendment?

rbhamilton said:
absolutely arbitrary and random nature of the rules
When the rules were written, the FAA did not think people would be flying drones. The rules are old and need to be changed. And government is slow to change. So, in the meantime, we're stuck with trying to follow rules that were really written for manned aircraft.

Let's not forget that there are in fact rules. They are contained in Section 336 of the FMRA. FAA recognized those rules and expanded on them in their June 2014 "clarification" document. Like all things government, they are crystal clear except where they aren't.

If flying under 500 foot is "reckless" there are a metric shitton of helicopter pilots that are rebels... oh and bush pilots, crop dusters, and hot air balloon pilots, wait is a parachute an "aircraft" it flys... base jumpers prepare for fines.....

SilentAV8R said:
Let's not forget that there are in fact rules. They are contained in Section 336 of the FMRA. FAA recognized those rules and expanded on them in their June 2014 "clarification" document. Like all things government, they are crystal clear except where they aren't.

I'm Sofa King Confused.... this stuff is stressful, I think I'll go flying!! :D :D :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic