The Egypt thread - Insight on customs, filming, experiences.

How will my Egypt trip end

• your going to crash before even downloading any footage to your hard drive.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least you got yours into the country izzydrone, I had my fc40 confiscated last year and never got it back. I go to sharm twice a year and have stuff stolen from my suitcase on a regular basis whilst in transit. Good luck man.

I could definitely drink beers with Izzy (not while flying of course). Must have some good stories. Stay careful or you're going to have one hell of a headache. Never mind, I'm sure they'll make it quick.

And it stays silent. Gues hé got a fly a way Inside a pyramid runs after it to recover it and got lost or eaten by a mummy :). Hope he is fine dough .

Internet was painfully slow and I used up all my 1.5 gb of data i purchased when i got there. Renewing it was near impossible so i had to go dark for a bit.

Well guys ill give you the drama first... I continued to film some epic scenes.... after about 12 batteries of filming I headed to El Gouna which is absolutely a paradise... and on my way there I am with a a couple buddies... a Egyptian and a US citizen. Our driver somehow kinda rolls through the check point or we were picked I'm unsure what happened. But next thing i know is a guy with a AK looking gun is in front of our car telling us to pull over.

Im pretty worried at this point. Although I had taken preventative measures. All video was backed up on G drive and also still randomly dispersed on multiple sd cards in multiple bags.

But to not disclose too much from Egyptian military procedures online....I was asked to identify the bags I owned. My bags were not searched but we were asked a few questions and then let go. I literally felt like i was in a locked up abroad episode. A huge weight was lifted when we drove off.... Losing that footage would have been heartbreaking. I want really in fear of something happening to me, since all my footage was focused on tourism and beautiful landscapes in Egypt... so the fear of being accused of a spy or whatever was minimal... but having the footage taken because droning may have been illegal would have been horrible.

after talking to a few people there. everyone was amazed I got it into the country. A local friend of my friends said his friend has his confiscated and destroyed it in front of him. so i guess I'm pretty lucky to have avoided it being found at customs and when pulled over. I was asked to not fly it pretty aggressively in 3 locations I was flying but managed to never do it close to any military or police. The most epic video should be my pyramids video. Ill leave some details out but I ended up paying a guide a significant amount of money to take me nearby the pyramids where I then flew it as close as I could stomach safely. He warned me that someone else had a court date for doing a similar thing (not sure what that meant)... so um yea. I did this for art, my own love for video and droning, and of course to show the rest of the world how beautiful Egypt is.

And of course i then proceeded to filming another 10 batteries or so over the next couple of days. Ill upload a teaser vid shortly. either tonight or tomorrow morning. I am now back in the US. I left Egypt happy and with great footage. Its an extremely beautiful country and I try to show its beauty in my vids. Honestly i wouldn't recommend anyone take their drone to Egypt unless your willing to risk having it taken, and having to be very careful about flying it. Im working on getting a legitimate approval to film again in Egypt through some connections I have there but don't know if that will happen...

anyways teaser vid will go up shortly... and some stories to follow.

theres videos of
-camel riding
-pyramids
-boat riding
-el gouna
-the nile

check back shortly guys

I can't imagine taking the kind of risk you did in a country like Egypt for some aerial shots. That's just not worth it, or maybe you've never seen the movie "Midnight Express?" (I know it's a Turkish prison...but I'm sure there are similarities).

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Dont ever try to flow ur drone there, i was there few days ago and i returned back with out it, the police took it from me , and they drag me to the gail for 2 days, only cus they think ur spay ir reporting against them, never try to even cary ur drone there, the people are bery rude they are alwys want to take money from , not even their smiles for free,
Guys i tried all my best to just get out from there after a hundred of calls on high levels, and more than 1200$ bribe only for the police man , and the detectives, it was a real nightmare,
I even show them all my youtube videos and all my old films around the world , but now thing help,
My advice if you wanna go to egypt, you only go straight flight to shram al shaikh for diving and snorkelling, nothing more deserve in that dump rubbish stupid country, with all my respect to my egyption friends,

wow
popcorn.gif

They took my ipad man, my laptop latest iMac pro, and my mobile fone , my blood pressure getting soo high when i start talk about that again,

They took my ipad man, my laptop latest iMac pro, and my mobile fone , my blood pressure getting soo high when i start talk about that again,

Regulations:
No unmanned aircraft is allowed to fly or to work in the territory of the State unless upon a permission of Civil Aviation Authority.
In all cases, using unmanned aircraft is prohibited as per Rules of the Air and Air Traffic set forth in this respect.
Egyptian Civil Aviation Law 28 of 1981, (2015, January, 2nd). Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority. Retrieved from http://www.civilaviation.gov.eg/Laws/LAW 28-ENGLISH-2012.doc

Why would you even try?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic