Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

The drone wars are starting...

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by docngo, Jan 16, 2014.

1. docngo

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

"Deer Trail Colorado"... Wasn't that originally named "Deer Droppings, Colorado?" Sounds like a bunch of buck shi* to me...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Hiway

If I win the lottery, I am going to invest in as many inexpensive 5km fpv drones it will buy, and put out an all points bulletin for any pilots that wish to join in the fun to meet at a yet to be determined spot about 5km out of city limits and the no fly zone, and unload a swarm on the deer droppings place for shits and grins.

We combine all the footage grabbed, make a killer video that goes viral, and then take any proceeds and do it all over again... turn it into a yearly event. It will draw thousands... it could fund charity... we could open up a drone training facility nearby to deer droppings... it will be a blast.

Now- off to buy that winning lottery ticket.

4. Pull_Up

I'm no US lawyer, but apart from anything else I would have thought "sovereign airspace" is controlled by the Federal government, not States let alone small towns (we'd call it a village, maybe even a hamlet over here!). Sounds like a great publicity stunt-cum-cash cow to me. :D

5. EMCSQUAR

I'm there... name time/date

6. birddogg

That is the weirdest article ive read about drones so far, i would reccommend that we all start calling them R/C helicopter's again before this gets out of hand.

7. osen007

CAN I SAY COMPLETE RETARTS, WHEN YOU FIRE THE RIFLE IN THE AIR AND MISS THE DRONE WHERE DOES THAT 3000 FPS BULLET END UP, WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN,,, RETARTS

8. Pull_Up

9. whitewatersalvo

I agree I don't like my buddies calling it "the drone". I try to just call it the vision. Also I have had a lot of people that clearly at first don't see the videography/photography side of it at all and are shocked to learn that I have one asking who I was planning on spying on :shock: Oh Canada.. :roll:

10. MedX172

Why am I not surprised about this additional tidbit regarding this gentleman? It would be an interesting lawsuit. Steele shoots down my "drone", however, my attorney argues that it's a RC quadcopter, suing him for destruction of private property and felony vandalism. ;)

11. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

Okay... That puts it in perspective. This guy's apparently a couple cans short of a six-pack... Mercury in the ear... Interesting technique. :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger