The Dreaded Fly Away

Reaction score
This is the one I hoped to never have to post. Two days ago I had a crash. Not too bad and no visible damage but the battery was knocked out. Packed up the drone (P3 4K) and waited until yesterday to test. No problems (compass, GPS etc...) were reported when I powered up. Lifted up and hovered for 10s or so and the drone appeared stable. Increased elevation above tree tops and things got squirrely in a hurry. Flight log is posted. Started getting weak GPS signal and repeated switching to ATTI MODE notifications. Had very poor control of the drone and couldn't bring it back. Tried RTH but it appeared to start descent immediately in a very bad location. Cancelled RTH, tried to regain control but it flew away beyond a tree line where I lost all communications. Any light to be shed from the flight log?

Thanks...

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-25_[19-34-30].txt
    301.9 KB · Views: 311
Oh wow! Yeah same thing happend to one of my Phantom's, it didnt even have a hard crash, it was taking off and all of a sudden pitched back pretty fast and kinda hit the ground and battery came loose, inspected and everything is OK, but now drone wont transmit video but still flys, but with no video I just dont take it far enough, welll its due for repair with DJI.

I hope somone finds it and if it has your number or info on it, that would be great..

Phone number on the drone but lots of tall pines in the neighborhood to catch it.

This is the one I hoped to never have to post. Two days ago I had a crash. Not too bad and no visible damage but the battery was knocked out. Packed up the drone (P3 4K) and waited until yesterday to test. No problems (compass, GPS etc...) were reported when I powered up. Lifted up and hovered for 10s or so and the drone appeared stable. Increased elevation above tree tops and things got squirrely in a hurry. Flight log is posted. Started getting weak GPS signal and repeated switching to ATTI MODE notifications. Had very poor control of the drone and couldn't bring it back. Tried RTH but it appeared to start descent immediately in a very bad location. Cancelled RTH, tried to regain control but it flew away beyond a tree line where I lost all communications. Any light to be shed from the flight log?

Thanks...

good chance the previous crash broke the gps antenna or connector and or the convector for compass.
maybe enough that they worked when on the ground
but after the vibration and stress of flying the problem showed up.

Thats what I heard, I think my WIFI module is the one that went out on me.

Thanks...
Hey man, you need to upload your file to here.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Then you post the link back here,
I downloaded somebodys in the past and then uploaded to that web sight and I got to work, but tried yours several times, and just came up blank.

Here is a result of one of mine from Sunday, you post it some peoples will help you out.

Rod

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Any light to be shed from the flight log?
Hey man, you need to upload your file to here.
Unfortunately DJI changed things in the last update of the app and Phantomhelp viewer can't read logs made on the latest app.
HealthyDrones.com can but it only gives a brief summary rather than the full flight data which is usually needed to analyse an incident.

Reactions: RodPad
Unfortunately DJI changed things in the last update of the app and Phantomhelp viewer can't read logs made on the latest app.
HealthyDrones.com can but it only gives a brief summary rather than the full flight data which is usually needed to analyse an incident.
Thanks Man,
News is news, even it is bad, I assume @msinger, knows the issue.
Hum, kind of weird I got an email from HD in the last few days to invite me to check out there new stuff.
Thanks again!

Rod

Make sure you put your FAA number on it as well (you registered, right?). I've heard of people catching flak from police.

Fwiw I also put my cell number on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

FAA registration number and mobile number on drone although I suspect either would be difficult to read if the drone is in the top of a 40m pine.

By the way Meta4, some really great shots.

@Meta4, I took a quick flight Sunday Morning, used an Android. Last night when to sync my flights to DJI and my Ipad 2. Both of them came up with a Log on screen, I didn't do anything but start cussing.
:mad:

Rod

This fly aways are just to horrific...lol...thankfully most of my planned shots are all LOS so I do not have to go like 8 miles away... or 1000 ft. up or whatever it may be...my insurance would surely go up when I start having flyaways...lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4